For Sale Wife's Pregnant. Selling my FJ60. 1985. 205k Mileage. Colorado

outdoorgrappler

Brand New
Fellas.. t
IMG_4264.jpg
itle says it all. See attached pictures. Body has rust. Frame looks like surface rust to me. Suspension was upgraded with a Spectre Off Road Package. I'm not trying to dress her up with new carpet and fix anything cosmetic in order to sell for more. Cranked her up for the first time in a year and she runs fine.

Please do not remind me that I will regret selling. I got a baby coming and my insurance isnt great so I gotta cover the out of pocket costs.

Located in Loveland Colorado.

I'm not a mechanic but I will answer any questions you have as honestly as I can.

New title in hand. It will not pass emission but theres ways around that.

Repairs or upgrades; suspension, radiator, started, choke (installed but needs adjusted), random things inside like the visors etc.

Known problems; installed the choke a while back and it seems like it needs adjusted as its very stiff and is idling high, heat works and the ac worked when I bought it but I believe it just needs charged, panels need work, front seat is buggered, not sure about anything else as she runs just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_5183.jpg
    IMG_5183.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5182.jpg
    IMG_5182.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5179.jpg
    IMG_5179.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4278.jpg
    IMG_4278.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4276.jpg
    IMG_4276.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4275.jpg
    IMG_4275.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4274.jpg
    IMG_4274.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4272.jpg
    IMG_4272.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4270.jpg
    IMG_4270.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4269.jpg
    IMG_4269.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4268.jpg
    IMG_4268.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4267.jpg
    IMG_4267.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4266.jpg
    IMG_4266.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4265.jpg
    IMG_4265.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4263.jpg
    IMG_4263.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 54

outdoorgrappler

Brand New
8k.

Hope I don't get laughed at that for that price. I posted on reddit for assistance on a good price and the consensus was "post high". Seems like everything around Boulder is insanely priced.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@outdoorgrappler Cool truck man. There are two specific areas where the frame is prone to rusting that you didn’t include. Any interested buyer is going to want to see that first FYI.

Rear C-channel

Inner box frame just forward of the rear leaf spring hangers

You sound like a busy guy, but posting photos of those areas might help streamline the messages you get and save you time.

Also, is the smog equipment present, but the truck won’t pass? It has it been removed?

rckhound

Rising Sun Member
Also I see rust from a distance in those photos but better photos of the rust and a picture of the engine. My favorite color! Also looks like it has had a repaint in its life so any areas that look like they have been repaired. Good luck with the sale and congrats on the future family!

Dangler

Wincher
Glad you popped over from Reddit. Good group of guys here!

outdoorgrappler

Brand New
@outdoorgrappler Cool truck man. There are two specific areas where the frame is prone to rusting that you didn’t include. Any interested buyer is going to want to see that first FYI.

Rear C-channel

Inner box frame just forward of the rear leaf spring hangers

You sound like a busy guy, but posting photos of those areas might help streamline the messages you get and save you time.

Also, is the smog equipment present, but the truck won’t pass? It has it been removed?
Thanks man. I'll snag some pics.

Convertor is on but is dead. Looks like the previous owner started to cut it off and then just stopped. It was regiestered in Steamboat where I was working when I bought it. They didn't require testing.

outdoorgrappler

Brand New
Also I see rust from a distance in those photos but better photos of the rust and a picture of the engine. My favorite color! Also looks like it has had a repaint in its life so any areas that look like they have been repaired. Good luck with the sale and congrats on the future family!
Thanks man. Taking more pics today.

PVCsnorkel

Lifted
Sounds like your choke cable is installed properly. Mine was always stiff and they are supposed to idle up when it is engaged.

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Yeah, my choke is relatively stiff as well, and as Derek mentioned it increases the idle. I replaced my choke cable with new some time ago and it really didn't change stiffness. There's a stop on the carb to adjust how much the choke is supposed to increase the RPMs when engaged.