• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Widescape snow machine

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Not exactly a bike but a cool variation of the bolt on systems for dirt motos:
www.widescape.ca

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Do these narrow machines fill a niche? I mean are there places where regular width snowmobiles can't go that are open to motorized over-the-snow travel where it's singletrack? Or is it simply more fun to do it this way?

I'm a little concerned that making them easier to get into tighter places along with just how many more machines I'm seeing around that it's recipe for seeing them poaching ski trails. There's nothing wrong with cross country travel during the winter just as long as you know to look for the orange signs differentiate motorized from non-motorized areas.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Not sure that's worth $7k? Just me. You could put tracks on a pretty decent WR for that budget, or just put Timbersleds on the bike already in your garage. to me that kinda makes riding a snowmobile or snomobike worse, having to stand up all the time. Maybe I'm just old and grumpy

Here's an alternative in the same vein though, saw these at the OR show in January. https://moonbikes.com/ same price, but you sit down, and it's all electric with about a 2hr range.
IMG_5633.jpg