12k winch

Center:
Outback Roof Rack

Rear:
drawer setup inside
dual swing rear tire/cooler swing out
35' spare tire
subtank OEM

So do I go Slee 4' or OME Heavy plus Spacer. Not sure what most prefer in this setup...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Center:
Outback Roof Rack

sliders? t-case skid?

Of those two options, go Slee.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
need to make sure you properly address Castor with that large a lift.

After installing a lift some people troubleshoot vibrations from the drivelines that usually ends up being U joints. If this is the case use Toyota U joints, have it balanced and take the opportunity to retube at least the rear shaft.

Ok, so here are my thoughts....

So do I go Slee 4' or OME Heavy plus Spacer. Not sure what most prefer in this setup...

Id like to see you car wit a 4 FOOT lift :D:D

FJBen

I was running SLee 4" and OME J springs rear. It sat really close to level with the rear being slightly higher. This was with ARB front (no winch) TJM rear w/35" spare, and 3rd row seats.

You WILL have to deal with Caster on a 4" lift. I really liked this combo and the way it sit. You may want to go with the 4" all the way if you are really going to load that rear down...

118-1811_IMG.jpg

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I liked my J's f&r with 2 trim packers front and one rear but the rear was too soggy when loaded or towing. I went with Slee's 4" mediums because of the great ride hight and the rear load rating. I love the fronts but the rears are a little short coiled for my liking and the clank that comes from unseating when full drooped is annoying. If the rear Slee's were longer free length with thinner wire diameter I think they would be perfect! Other than the clank they have been an excellent spring! I might swap the rear to the OME comps for this very reason. The spring rate of the comps is between the rear J's and Christos 4" medium.

FJBen

I liked my J's f&r with 2 trim packers front and one rear but the rear was too soggy when loaded or towing. I went with Slee's 4" mediums because of the great ride hight and the rear load rating. I love the fronts but the rears are a little short coiled for my liking and the clank that comes from unseating when full drooped is annoying. If the rear Slee's were longer free length with thinner wire diameter I think they would be perfect! Other than the clank they have been an excellent spring! I might swap the rear to the OME comps for this very reason. The spring rate of the comps is between the rear J's and Christos 4" medium.

I forgot about the OME comps. Aren't they 3,4,5" comps? Yeah, the rear J's got a bit squishy when loaded. Maybe the 4" slee front , 4" comp is a good setup?

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I forgot about the OME comps. Aren't they 3,4,5" comps? Yeah, the rear J's got a bit squishy when loaded. Maybe the 4" slee front , 4" comp is a good setup?

Thats what I'm thinking..... :homer: