Wheeling day trip near Denver 9/15

Bwelker85

New-ish
Hey Rising Sun,

I just moved to Denver a few weeks ago from NC and my ‘85 4Runner just got delivered this week, so I’m itching to get out there. Planning a quick day trip on Friday 9/15 near Denver. Was looking at a few options but open to suggestions:

Slaughterhouse Gulch
Coney Creek Rd
Yankee Hill Road

My 4Runner is on 37s, locked front and rear, 4.7:1 gears, etc etc so I’m up for whatever!

Let me know if anyone is interested in joining!

Attachments

• IMG_0333.jpeg
    IMG_0333.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 78

Oneops

Venturing a bit further. I’ll be around alma Friday.

WVU fan

Rising Sun Member
@Bwelker85 This area of the forum is for recaps of a run. Needs to be in the 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area to get more traffic.

That being said, I might be up for a run Friday. I’ll let you know tomorrow

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Welcome, and nice truck!

The trails you mentioned are good trails, but a little on the easier side. If you are looking for something to cut your teeth on, they will do just fine. If you want something a little more difficult, Spring Creek is close to Denver and will give you a little more challenge.

Bwelker85

New-ish
Welcome, and nice truck!

The trails you mentioned are good trails, but a little on the easier side. If you are looking for something to cut your teeth on, they will do just fine. If you want something a little more difficult, Spring Creek is close to Denver and will give you a little more challenge.
Thanks! And thanks for the tip! I figured they were pretty easy, but I also thought I may be going solo so best not to end up stranded haha

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey Rising Sun,

I just moved to Denver a few weeks ago from NC and my ‘85 4Runner just got delivered this week, so I’m itching to get out there. Planning a quick day trip on Friday 9/15 near Denver. Was looking at a few options but open to suggestions:

Slaughterhouse Gulch
Coney Creek Rd
Yankee Hill Road

My 4Runner is on 37s, locked front and rear, 4.7:1 gears, etc etc so I’m up for whatever!

Let me know if anyone is interested in joining!
All those trails will be pretty boring in your truck. Spring Creek is really close and perfect for this type of truck.
Incant join but that’s the trail you’d want to run in my opinion.