• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

WheelinEvents.com

Hey, do you guys mind if I throw a link up on my site, WheelinEvents.com directing folks interested in your club over to your site? Or, another option is your own forum section over there to promote your club and your events, that's an option as well.

-Art

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Personally, I would have to say "no thanks". having too many people on a trail run complicates things and takes the fun out of it IMO. Unless it's a multi-day gathering event or something.

We appreciate you wanting to support the club and see it grow. But per previous discussions at meetings - growth is not something we feel we need to solicit.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Personally, I would have to say "no thanks". having too many people on a trail run complicates things and takes the fun out of it IMO. Unless it's a multi-day gathering event or something.

We appreciate you wanting to support the club and see it grow. But per previous discussions at meetings - growth is not something we feel we need to solicit.

I feel the same. Growth happens from success not promotion. We need to (as we always have, focus on taking care of the members. Thank you so much for your kind offer and desire to help! :thumb::thumb:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Art, you have been working hard lately to help the TLCA grow and I really like what your doing. Your enthusiasm is just what the TLCA needs. Our club is unique in that we are very large and high on par-tic-i-paction. As Kevin and Scott have pointed out, growth has not been a priority for us, just a byproduct of how we run the club.

We appreciate your kind offer, but I agree with Scott and Kevin

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I agree as well with what Scott, Kevin and Ken said.

Also, consider the Forest service and BLM regulations concerning "organized events" on public land. You could be opening a can of worms posting events or large group gatherings on public forums that would lead to the requirements of permits every time a large wheeling group gathered. Some of our trail runs are probably already borderline with large numbers of vehicles.