Wheel Bearing Packing Party

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Squishy will probably be joining us. He has some-O-dis and some-O-dat to get done on his truck.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Jeff,

I talked to matt, but just wanted to let you know that I was going to swing by in the morning. I don't have anything particular to do but wanted to try and put my truck on the ramp to see if the new tires will rub (if that's possible), and hang out for a bit.

-Marco

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Just checking in and having a bit of a panic attack about "Safety Wire". I'll stop on the way at the first open hardware store I see. I was planning to be there by 8:00, if anyone reads this by morning and could suggest a hardware store in Golden I would appreciate it.

I had to build a list of the things I'm taking and mark things off as I put them in the 40. Just because it is in front of me; grease gun, floor jack, disposable gloves, chocks, toothbrush, copper scouring pads, goggles, rags, brake cleaner, monkey suit, knee pads, tools, torque wrench, 24mm socket, oil drain pan, tire cross. The things on my list that I did not get done today, 52mm socket (couldn't find one) and the safety wire.

Providing the rebuilt carb does not give me any issues, I'll see you all in the morning.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
The things on my list that I did not get done today, 52mm socket (couldn't find one) and the safety wire.

52mm or 54mm :confused:

If 54mm you could always see if Christo has one in stock :thumb:

http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_drivetrain_driveshaft.htm

As for a hardware store in Golden...I know there are some just can't remember where they're located. Foss Drug probably carried what you need but sadly they closed.

I won't be able to make it which is bumming me out, especially since I have a stash of paid for parts waiting for me to pick up :(

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Thanks Christo for for the Meyers information. I'll be on my way in a bit and may end up being there first customer this morning.

Jeff that is also potential good news on the socket. I could have the size wrong, but that is what my notes said. I live near Dry Creek and University and would be glad to bring parts back, provided there is room for them in the 40.

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
I don't have the hub socket either - I was "hoping" that I could borrow one. My 35mm IFS hub just won't cut it here....

I'll stop and get a bag of ice and some cups for lunch.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Wow! I was just there for a short time and it was amazing the amount of work that was getting done! I hated to leave before the party really started getting going! Christo, a huge thank you for sponsoring this even and also for sporting a rare Slee Off-Road sale! You truly are a class act!

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
thank you Christo! :cheers:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
It was amazing how many people were there. This was a great event. Thanks Jeff and Matt for the planning and special thanks to Christo and Ben for hosting us.

It was great! Thank you everyone for enduring all of my questions and for letting me bang on your rigs a bit. I can't believe how patient everyone was with me. I left there so tired...I think I was thinking so hard and trying to absorb and remember so much that I just THOUGHT myself to exhaustion. I came home and passed out! :D

You guys rock! :bowdown:

I will load up my pics later from the event. You will all learn that I don't go very far without at least one camera on me!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
great event, thanks Matt and Jeff for setting it up.... and big thanks to Christo for letting us all get together at your place.

Last edited: