• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

What were they thinking?

Nemo

Trail Ready
Wow! That is a feat in it's own right. GPS / Googlemaps need disclaimers nowadays. I got to help a full sized Walmart Truck get turned around here in Crested Butte. GPS was taking them up past Gothic to Schofield Pass - Not kidding. Luckily I caught her sooner and even more so she waved me down questioning the reality of the road she was on.

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Was thinking about this again and realized that to this driver the road might have just progressively gotten worse and then they didn't have an option to turn around. From the lake city side engineer is super easy to get up. A bit rougher on the Ouray side but still not terrible.

I'm still trying to figure out why no one stopped this guy and asked him what he was doing.

That being said, check out Lowari Pass in Pakistan. People drive it every day. Amazing.

1603163384513.png

riderjgs

Lifted
Suspect that’s likely what happened. And something many of us have experienced at one time or another. I recall being particularly attentive backing down a trail up above Telluride back in the mid-70s in my then new 40 after the two track turned into a single up above timberline. Seemed like forever until I could turn around. My bride abandoned ship but proved to be a good spotter.