What is the right way to get rid of a mini-fridge?

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
It still works, just thee compressor was making noises and it was 20 years old so we got a new one.

Wanted to understand the right way to dispose of it since it likely has Freon or is there not enough to matter?

Anyone who wants it is welcome to it. It is 32" tall and about 4.2 Cu of storage

Otherwise, looking for suggestions on how to properly dispose of it

Thanks in Advance

RDub

Is it a fridge with a tiny freezer section or just a fridge? Kegerator starting point comes to mind...

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Put it on Craigslist.. . free curb pickup.

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Habitat Restore may take it. Also, either ARC or Goodwill will take broken fridges - I think they just scrap them, but presumably in the correct manner. Call first.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
If you go into the city put it out in alley before work and it just magically disappears while you're gone. Kind of like the Bermuda Triangle, pre-Craigslist free stuff section. Although to be honest I'd drop nicer stuff in an alley not behind your own house. No reason to arouse curiosity.

I dunno about Arapahoe County (or if I'm assuming wrong Douglas, etc.) but Mesa County does not accept anything containing refrigerant and directs you to one of the local steel recyclers or a couple of local HVAC contractors who do accept them. They have the gear to evacuate and for their trouble they get a few dollars scrap steel.

Last edited:

white wings

Hard Core 4+
Just as you pull out of my small neighborhood as it meets up to a busier intersection, we have deemed that corner "free corner/pay it forward corner."

Clean it up put a sign on it saying Free and it works and it will be gone in no time. Is crazy how fast stuff disappears from free corner.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
You totally stole that from the Grand Vista Hotel :ROFLMAO:

- If you know, you know -

:D:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Not sure about your area but up here the landfill takes electronic and hazardous waste for free to dispose of or recycle properly. Brought them a fridge and a few old tvs last week.