• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

What have you done to your rig today?

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
So I thought I'd start a thread for little odd-ball projects that don't really need a whole thread. A place where we can just throw out a couple lines about whatever it was that we did to our rigs and maybe a picture or two.
:cheers:

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Installed all new inner and outer tie-rods and new steering bushings. After 200K+ miles, it was definitely time. She drives like a brand new truck now!
Huge thanks to Squishy! for helping me with that today. :thumb:

Wiring....rebuild is almost complete. Hope to turn the key for the first time later this week!
V8 engine, 4 spd trans, power steering, disc brakes, winch, lighting, seats, electrical and paint. And it all started because I wanted a little more power! Almost a year in the making. I'd like to hit the 40s Only this year. I was on my way there last year when the pilot bearing went.

By the way, ToyTec in Thornton is having an open house next Saturday. Vendors, food, music and Toys.

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Awesome!

Keith

Trail Ready
I spent a good hour last night under the 40 in a gas station parking lot trying to get the lights to go back on. Eventually drove home holding a flashlight out the window.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I got nothing done on my trucks. But I did spend 5 hours getting the garaged whipped into shape so I can actually get a truck in there to work on. Heck, I can even get to my tools now! :hill:

Nemo

Trail Ready
Repairing my front paggenger Fender Flare and popping a dent out in same where I hit a huge rock in Moab. PITA. But learning how much one can twist in tight areas... :eek:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I got nothing done on my trucks. But I did spend 5 hours getting the garaged whipped into shape so I can actually get a truck in there to work on. Heck, I can even get to my tools now! :hill:

Heh. My garage door spring broke over the weekend. My 60 is inCARcerated. :p:

aprosise

Hard Core 4+
Finally tacked most of my bumper. Still lots to go. Should be on at the meeting!

I really should have just bought one...:snail:

Attachments

• IMAG1330.jpg
    IMAG1330.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 921
  • IMAG1333.jpg
    IMAG1333.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 899
Finally tacked most of my bumper. Still lots to go. Should be on at the meeting!

so you have more beers hidden in this pic?
mmmmmm

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member

Nah. Making them is so much more fun. Major props to you for building it yourself. :thumb:
And that looks really cool. :thumb:

ToyodaTocco

Hard Core 4+
Hope you guys don't mind if I jump in on this thread. I recently rebuilt my 22r and ever since I put it in the temperature would run warmer than normal operating temp but would never overheat. After chasing the usual suspects (burp cooling system, fan clutch, thermostat, etc.), I noticed that my volt meter on my dash seemed higher than normal. I put my multimeter on the battery and the alt was charging at 17 v. The truck has an external voltage regulator so against my better judgement (and the fact that I didn't want to be stuck on the side of the road) I bought one from Carquest. Needless to say it didn't fix it. Did some more testing and found some corroded connections in a weather pack terminal, replaced, all is well now.

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
Hope you guys don't mind if I jump in on this thread. I recently rebuilt my 22r and ever since I put it in the temperature would run warmer than normal operating temp but would never overheat. After chasing the usual suspects (burp cooling system, fan clutch, thermostat, etc.), I noticed that my volt meter on my dash seemed higher than normal. I put my multimeter on the battery and the alt was charging at 17 v. The truck has an external voltage regulator so against my better judgement (and the fact that I didn't want to be stuck on the side of the road) I bought one from Carquest. Needless to say it didn't fix it. Did some more testing and found some corroded connections in a weather pack terminal, replaced, all is well now.

Nice find. Electrical can be a bugger.

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
vemapu6y.jpg

5aruju7e.jpg

upazede3.jpg

ty2yme8a.jpg

Relocated my 3.4 ECU behind the dash and modded my glove box to clear

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Looks good!

I don't personally use a fork when doing electrical, but then again, I'm not that good at it :D:D:D:D:D:D

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Looks good!

I don't personally use a fork when doing electrical, but then again, I'm not that good at it :D:D:D:D:D:D

LOL
That's a very important tool for electrical work. It checks to see if the wires are live and stuff… :D

ToyodaTocco

Hard Core 4+
Nice find. Electrical can be a bugger.

Thanks, It's crazy how trying to chase down a cooling system problem turns out to be an overworked alternator. Pretty soon I'll be tearing out my dash to figure out why my defroster door doesn't direct all the air to the windshield.

aprosise

Hard Core 4+
Recovery points in, all tow points fully welded, and the inside of the bumper is fully welded and beginning to be boxed. Ends (Facing the front of the truck) still need to be boxed in and welded. Just got the spindle for the swing out, so now it's time to fab up a tire carrier. It's getting there!

Attachments

• 2014-08-07 11.48.19.jpg
    2014-08-07 11.48.19.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 553
  • 2014-08-07 11.48.47.jpg
    2014-08-07 11.48.47.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 560