• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

What are the status names mean?

Carbon14

Wincher
I get RS member, I get organizer, I get Cruise Moab organizer, but what meaning do other statuses mean?

Carbon14

Wincher
You mean like “rock stacker”?
Exactly, I don't mind stacking rocks, I don't mind breaking rocks ( I am a flint knapper,) but what does that mean if anything? I get trail marking with cairns, but it doesn't seem to apply in this case. By the way, I am not offended, simply curious.

Last edited:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
They change as you continue to post. As you post more, you will go up the ladder of user statuses. People who are RS members get a user title that shows they are a current member of the club. They are not a big deal, but they do show who is a frequent poster / longtime forum member.

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
In the four wheel drive world, "rock stacker" is a term used to denote a person who puts rocks in the low points of an obstacle on the trail to make it easier to traverse. A more experienced driver would prefer the challenge of finding a proper line for tire placement to overcome the obstacle without resorting to altering the trail.

So a rock stacker on the forum would identify a person who is new to the forum, aka novice or newb.

Also, while stacking rocks is not inherently bad, it is considered bad form to leave the rocks after traversing the obstacle. The best practice would be to remove the rocks so you leave the trail as you found it. :)

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
i just wanted to see what mine is

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Here's our user titles. The number on the right is the number of posts required for each title.

User Title Ladder.png

wesintl

RS Moderator
ha.. I came up with those like 20 years ago when we set up vbulletin.. just in fun.

Maybe we should come up with some over landing ones and retire the current ones.

LEDs
highlift
rtt
snorkel
bumper
mattrax
awning
fridge
trasharoo
more mattrax
hardshell rtt
OLAF

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
ha.. I came up with those like 20 years ago when we set up vbulletin.. just in fun.

Maybe we should come up with some over landing ones and retire the current ones.

LEDs
highlift
rtt
snorkel
bumper
mattrax
awning
fridge
trasharoo
more mattrax
hardshell rtt
OLAF

We should add in mall crawler too.

Carbon14

Wincher
In the four wheel drive world, "rock stacker" is a term used to denote a person who puts rocks in the low points of an obstacle on the trail to make it easier to traverse. A more experienced driver would prefer the challenge of finding a proper line for tire placement to overcome the obstacle without resorting to altering the trail.

So a rock stacker on the forum would identify a person who is new to the forum, aka novice or newb.

Also, while stacking rocks is not inherently bad, it is considered bad form to leave the rocks after traversing the obstacle. The best practice would be to remove the rocks so you leave the trail as you found it. :)
Thank you, that is what I wanted. Cheers!

Carbon14

Wincher