What antenna mount to use for CB/HAMB on an 80??

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
What antenna mount are y'all using for your 80's? I've just been using a cheap magnetic antenna for a min, but looking for something better.
Also, can you use the same antenna for the CB and HAMB??

Thanks y'all!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
You need 2 antennas really. I use the gamiviti hood mount for CB in front with a NMO mount and a whip, and in the rear I have a hatch mount for the HAM radio that uses another NMO style whip. This is on the 60 but it's similar to the 80

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
It's going to be very difficult to make an antenna usable on both CB and VHF ham. The range of frequencies is not similar at all.

I think your best bet on a wagon is to use a lip mount high up on the rear hatch for short and flexible antennas.

The Gamiviti fender mounts are good, too, although for a larger antenna they can flex. On the old truck when I was using them I added a screw higher up near the hood edge to give it a bit more stability.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Well, I figured out what I plan to do for the CB antenna. I’m going to go w/ the wagon gear fender mount (replaces stock antenna) and a 3’ fire stick. As for the HAMB I’m still doing research

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
That's what I'm doing on my 80. I really like it and Kevin at Wagon Gear is such a good dude!