• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Weird old 4x4 drive in Boulder County, maybe Larimer County

mulebarn

Rising Sun Member
Hey folks, I’m thinking about putting together a little socially-distanced day trip for people with weird/old 4x4s. Maybe not so much of a wheeling trip, but some country dirt road driving in the plains, and maybe (to the extent post-fire roads are open) up into the hills for something easy like Switzerland. I wouldn’t limit it to Toyotas though - thinking 70s, 60s, 50s, 40s Cruisers, and old Rovers, Jeeps, Nissans, and whatever old 4x4s that make people smile.

If anyone is interested, holler here. And, if you have any good ideas on how to spread the word to other groups, post those ideas too. Sometime in late November is what I’m aiming for.

Best,
Gino

Attachments

• 4C83B6C5-00FA-4BC1-895F-48842E23858B.jpeg
    4C83B6C5-00FA-4BC1-895F-48842E23858B.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 155

gr8fulabe

Rising Sun Member
I think all the forests/trails in boulder county are still closed, aren’t they? If not, swtizerland. also has that big picnic area over by good hill. You could do a potluck, with Covid, but maybe people could all bring the peeps for their favorite hot camp/trail meal & spread out on the tables & all cook a big meal together. If people printed up recipes Of what they were making you could take home ones you were interested in for future use.

Depending on dates & openness we’d be interested either way!