• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Weekday Red Cone Run July or August

ranno

Rock Stacker
Greetings! I'm itching to finally give Red Cone a whirl; due to its popularity, just putting a feeler out to anyone who may be interested in a weekday run sometime this month or next?

Cheers!
Nick

Brand New
I might be, too… My truck is capable but I’m looking to get more experience.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Red cone is one of my favorite trails around. Did it on a random Wednesday evening a couple years back and caught sunset at the top.

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
Sounds good. Count me in if I can work it out with my schedule.

ranno

Rock Stacker
Awesome guys - Scott is in for 8/2 or 8/3. Brian, 5280, and Matphat - 8/2 or 8/3?

I think with good spotting, from what I have seen, it is doable Matphat. I run 255/75/17s with a simple OME lift on my Tacoma, not terribly lifted by any standards. I am new to the trail too and am after the experience as well. Scott is a great spotter for what it is worth!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Definitely interested. Fridays are my Saturday.

:beer: :beer:

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I probably won't know if I can do this until last minute so don't plan around me. Unfortunately/Fortunately the rest of my summer is pretty much booked up.

There are some technical sections early on that just require good line selection and probably rock sliders.

ranno

Rock Stacker
I probably won't know if I can do this until last minute so don't plan around me. Unfortunately/Fortunately the rest of my summer is pretty much booked up.

There are some technical sections early on that just require good line selection and probably rock sliders.
We’ll be sure to drop you a line a day or two before to confirm.

Brand New
I’m still trying to decide if I should do this… I have old chrome nerfs until I get sliders (I used to be cool! I think), so pick the day and hopefully I’ll be there.

ranno

Rock Stacker
Excellent everyone. Let’s plan on 8/2. We can meet in the morning in Evergreen or Bailey.

Sean Solo

Rising Sun Member
I am in. Hopefully I remember. Totally missed the blow off work run earlier.

ranno

Rock Stacker
That sounds perfect Johnny Utah. What time works for the group?

Johnny Utah

Rising Sun Member
I'm free all day. Anytime will work. I'll go ahead and vote for 9am meet up. @ranno likes to sleep in so he'll probably request 10am 😉