Found WANTED - HD 14K Flatbed Trailer - GN OK

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
FOUND.

I'm looking for a 20 or 22 foot 7,000 lb tandem axle trailer (14K total), but I don't really want to pay the Denver prices. It is crazy what they want for a bunch of welded steel these days. It costs more to buy a trailer than to buy a good running truck...ridiculous! I can go to Kansas and get a brand new one for about $7K out the door, but it's a 5-6 hour drive. The same trailer, 8 years old and used/abused in Denver is the same price. My Duramax 2500 has a gooseneck hitch so I would consider one of those as well.

Need to be able to haul my tractor and implements (about 8000 lbs) and maybe a land cruiser here and there. Tractor is 82" wide, so deck needs to be 83 between wheel wells, unless its deck-over.

Let me know if you see something closer than Kansas, or know of a place outside of Denver that doesn't think their trailers are made of gold. :)

Last edited:

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Here is my tractor getting overhauled in the garage. My wife is so pissed…first it was the 40 sitting in there, now a tractor!!!
4712BB2D-8AF3-476C-B4BB-A6B36B66414F.jpeg

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Looks like you'll need wide or full width ramps, or a tilt deck with the narrower front wheels?

Here's a 14k# deck over with full ramps for 6500 near me, for comparison shopping

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Martin. Thats a decent trailer. And for that type, it’s a decent price. I think my tractor will fit between the wheel well if there is a full 83”, but I will definitely have to concentrate! A deck over is easier if the loading ramp(s) are good…higher load level.

These Mahindra tractors are beefy! Look at the difference between the Mahindra and a John Deere of the same HP.

EDB6F7D7-679E-4018-8533-6C68D2B996C4.jpeg

DanS

Rising Sun Member
I'm looking for a 20 or 22 foot 7,000 lb tandem axle trailer (14K total), but I don't really want to pay the Denver prices. It is crazy what they want for a bunch of welded steel these days. It costs more to buy a trailer than to buy a good running truck...ridiculous! I can go to Kansas and get a brand new one for about $7K out the door, but it's a 5-6 hour drive. The same trailer, 8 years old and used/abused in Denver is the same price. My Duramax 2500 has a gooseneck hitch so I would consider one of those as well.

Need to be able to haul my tractor and implements (about 8000 lbs) and maybe a land cruiser here and there. Tractor is 82" wide, so deck needs to be 83 between wheel wells, unless its deck-over.

Let me know if you see something closer than Kansas, or know of a place outside of Denver that doesn't think their trailers are made of gold. :)
A friend of ours outside Albuquerque owns a trailer shop. I’ve on and off looked for something a little unusual (20’ 20K tilt deck gooseneck) and when my Dad told him if my woes trying to find such a beast, Morey told him that they could likely build a custom trailer for a lot less than normal prices.

I could put you in touch. It’s also not terrible to get a trailer delivered. They tow pretty easy, after all. 🤣

Dan

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Dan…Alb is as close as the places in Kansas, and could definitely work if custom prices are comparable.

Your friend building the cabin near my property is making some real progress. I drove by there the last time I was up. I think I can see his cabin straight south from my property. When I build, he will be able to see me too! About a half mile maybe?

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I bought my trailer in Albuquerque and it was way cheaper. Might be the same shop. Was almost 15 years ago anyway. One thing to look out for that got me is that CO requires brakes on every axles of the trailer but in NM they built my trailer with only brakes on one axle. It's never been a problem for me but with a much larger rig you might get more attention from CSP.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Good to know. I would definitely want brakes on both axles when pulling nearly 12k pounds.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
3EC5C76F-8661-44F5-A9D2-CFF18F4AACDC.jpeg

Found!!!

Finally found a trailer. I don’t know much about H&H but this thing seems really beefy. The ramps are wide, the fenders are 1/4” steel, and it the welds look good. I think it fits all of the criteria I set out to find.

Thanks for comments.