Video editing software

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
OK, I bought a video camera last Christmas, finally used it a bunch today. What is the best (and cheapest) video editing solution to put together some video for the grandparents?? I am an IT geek, but never got into the video stuff. Thanks!!

Timm

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
windows XP comes with movie maker. It's free with the operating system.

I Use Ulead Video Studio 11 and Moviemaker depending on what I am doing.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
I had Moviemaker on my old laptop, did not try it much. My new work laptop does not have it, will try and download it.

For now I just want to get the raw video on to the laptop and mess around with editing it down to the good stuff...nothing fancy.

RockRunner

Hard Core 4+
Whats that, Imovie comes with a Apple out of the box and works perfect? ;)

Imovie...........Iphoto..............IMac.............so selfish. Always I, I, I, what about we or us? ;)

Actually that is a really good program out of the box. My friend just made me a calendar with Iphoto. He used a lot of pictures from CM when I was on the Escalator.

Tim, try this one..................http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2005/02/22/open_source_realtime_video_editing.htm

It is free and works pretty well too, hope that is what you are looking for.:cheers:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Moviemaker will do that. I have a copy of Studio8 I can no longer use because it doesn't work on Vista.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Moviemaker will do that. I have a copy of Studio8 I can no longer use because it doesn't work on Vista.

Does anything work with Vista? :rolleyes: Vista was the best thing for the sales of Crapintosh to date! :(

acon40

Banned
Up until a few weeks ago, on a test Mac ran Vista faster then a pc by the benchmarks.....so yea...a mac works on vista ;)....ok, mouth shut now...:lmao::cheers:

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
Just wait dinosar man, your windoz box will lose out to the Mac and it wonderful interface. Vista likes to report all sort of fun stuff back to Gates. My brother calls it a evil program at best(he is a die windoz guy). Just one more than for you to convert over to beside the ham stuff. Merry Christmas(i have been having fun rescuing some of my neighbors today, used the winch and everything) later robbie

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
Just wait dinosar man, your windoz box will lose out to the Mac and it wonderful interface. Vista likes to report all sort of fun stuff back to Gates. My brother calls it a evil program at best(he is a die windoz guy). Just one more than for you to convert over to beside the ham stuff. Merry Christmas(i have been having fun rescuing some of my neighbors today, used the winch and everything) later robbie

I confess....I am and will be a XP holdout far as long as I can! And yes, unless something changes drastically with Vista, Mac looks more appealing when XP is completely obsolete. Goes back to...."If it's not broke don't mess with it!"

wesintl

RS Moderator
your windoz box will lose out to the Mac and it wonderful interface. Vista likes to report all sort of fun stuff back to Gates. My brother calls it a evil program at best(he is a die windoz guy).

Windoz won't loose out to macs in our lifetime... ;)

Don't worry. Bill really doesn't have that much info on things compared to what google has on you. You don't hate google so why the anamosity toward the man?:confused:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Timm,

I use Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0

Bought it earlier this year at the Southwest Plaza area Comp USA when they were going out of business. Got it for like $69 BEFORE a $30 mail-in-rebate :)

So, for about $40 it is perfect. Probably not as "glamourous" as other programs but it is what I used to make the CM07 vids I put up on YouTube.

P.S. I saw that the Comp USA by Park Meadows is closing...You might find some good deals over there

P.P.S. On the whole Mac debate...Macs confuse the snot out of me...Do you still have to drag the drive icons over to the trash bin to eject disks? Always seemed so wrong to throw away the drive to get the stupid disk to eject :confused: :hill:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I didn't know Compusa is closing. Never really lived up to its potential. Microcenter got it right.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I didn't know Compusa is closing. Never really lived up to its potential. Microcenter got it right.

Yep...Poor dude was standing out in the snow and wind last Friday on the corner of County Line and Yosemite holding the store closing sign. Did not look like a fun job :eek:

powderpig

Hard Core 4+
No you can just push a button on the key board. If is was not for Bill G's wife, he would try and rule the world in one form or the other. As for the new Vista Program, I was only quoteing my brother and his views on Vista. I have not put much time or effort in to researching the program that I will not use. I have used MS's overpriced software and found it not very easy to use and crashes too much(when I have had a couple of PC in the past). Why support garbage and stolen ideas from others(my views). And trying to patent 1 and zeros to gain control on all code, what devious thought pattern.
Any how sorry to Hijack. Later Robbie

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Microcenter is awesome...until they ask for my zipcode and address. I hate that. They now think my name is Bubba and I live in 123 Fake St. :)

I also saw a PepBoys is closing...saw the guy in the snow holding the sign...Evans and Monaco?

Thanks for the input everyone. Still trying to download the stupid Sony "Picture Package" software so my laptop will recognize the camera. Then I have Movie Maker and Premiere Elements to play with. I plan on bringing the camera on trail runs this summer. Yippee!

PS-Anyone get called by FEAT yet?

Yep...Poor dude was standing out in the snow and wind last Friday on the corner of County Line and Yosemite holding the store closing sign. Did not look like a fun job :eek: