• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

vehicle scales

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
I'm planning on build a front 3 link with coil overs and need to get the weight of the cruiser. Does anyone happen to have or know of anyone that has the scales the race car guys use?
I'm not sure if this is needed as I think I can just go to a query or landscape place and see if they would weight my cruiser, but figured the scale method would be much more accurate.

ScaldedDog

Hard Core 4+
FWIW, I knew the weight of my 4runner from taking it to a stone place on Sante Fe. When I bought my shocks and springs from Accutune, they nailed what I needed. Filthy Motorsports in Boulder will do the same thing, I expect. They have a bunch of great stuff on YouTube.

Mark

Last edited:

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
I went to truck scales at the shell station on I25 near longmont. I was able to get weight on front/rear axles. it was like $8

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Most of the motorsports scales only go up to 1500 lbs a corner. Depending on your application, this will probably not be enough capacity.

justin4045

Rising Sun Member
Thanks guys, I think I'll see if I can find a scale down by me in Castle Rock. I think we have a few concrete and stone places not too far from me.
I suspect my 40 is pretty balanced left to right when I'm in the seat since the fuel tank is under the passenger seat. @gungriffin I think the 40 total weight is near 5k so it would be close to maxing out the scales so good call, wouldn't want to ruin someone stuff. Also since this build won't be running Baja 1000 or anything I think I'll be just fine with a front weight split

Brucker

Hard Core 4+
I own a set of wireless scales that go up to 7000# total weight. The shop is located in Broomfield about a mile west of I25 between Hwy 7 and 144th. We usually charge between a half hour and an hour to get a few different weights. There are a few different techniques used in order to figure out sprung and unsprung weights. And we would be happy to weigh it in any configuration needed. If you would like more info or to schedule a time to get this done, call me at the shop 720-235-9485 (please leave a message if no one answers) or email sales@bruckerbrothers.com

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Many times when I pass the Dumont exit of I-70 after hours and the truck scales sign says closed, I exit and if there is no cone blocking the scale I'll get weights. The scale is big enough for the entire truck so I get front axle, entire rig, rear axle.