Vandals RUINED my excitement!

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
We got home so late last night and we were so tired that I didn't notice this till this morning, AFTER I posted up about the LX450...

Apparently sometime after we left Friday night some vandals decided it would be fun to throw rocks at my Durango...I'm talking pretty good sized rocks!

They put some real nasty dents and gouges in the lift gate and shattered the passenger third row window :mad:. I'm figuring whoever did it is a REAL lousy thrower as I imagine they were trying to bust out the rear tailgate window and missed 3+ times, finally connecting on the right rear window. Either that or they just stood there pounding the truck with a rock...The rock that busted out the rear window was inside the truck and not all that big.

I'd like to catch the little SOB(s) that did this but it wouldn't do any good :rant: Cop came by and took a report and said there were quite a few instances of the same thing in the area on Friday night...Should have pulled the D into the garage when we left :(

I'll post some pics once I get a chance to DL them and stop fuming!

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Dude, that sucks bad. The glass is easily replaced, but the dents and gouges will require Oleg magic.

wesintl

RS Moderator
that sucks. It makes me want to move to the country away from people.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :mad: I hate mofo's that mess with other peoples stuff! Very sorry to hear that! Such a violation! Good thing is it was at your house so your homeowners insurance should cover it.

corsair23 said:
We got home so late last night and we were so tired that I didn't notice this till this morning, AFTER I posted up about the LX450...

Apparently sometime after we left Friday night some vandals decided it would be fun to throw rocks at my Durango...I'm talking pretty good sized rocks!

They put some real nasty dents and gouges in the lift gate and shattered the passenger third row window :mad:. I'm figuring whoever did it is a REAL lousy thrower as I imagine they were trying to bust out the rear tailgate window and missed 3+ times, finally connecting on the right rear window. Either that or they just stood there pounding the truck with a rock...The rock that busted out the rear window was inside the truck and not all that big.

I'd like to catch the little SOB(s) that did this but it wouldn't do any good :rant: Cop came by and took a report and said there were quite a few instances of the same thing in the area on Friday night...Should have pulled the D into the garage when we left :(

I'll post some pics once I get a chance to DL them and stop fuming!

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
My homeowners refused to cover the $1,000 mirror on the Tahoe when some punks threw a pumpkin at it. Said I could only use my auto policy and I carry a $1,000 deductible because I live beyond my means.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Pics of the carnage...

Spent a couple hours cleaning things up...Time I had planned to spend putting up Christmas lights and what not...Little frickin vandals!

I called my auto insurance so we'll see what the 'adjuster' says about paying for the damage...They said they would call Monday or Tuesday :eek:

I said, um no...I needed this to be resolved tomorrow morning. I can't drive a vehicle around with a busted out window and I'm not going to duct tape plastic over it and end up with duct tape residue all over my paint!

Attachments

• 100_3073.JPG
    100_3073.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_3076.JPG
    100_3076.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 100_3075.JPG
    100_3075.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_3082.JPG
    100_3082.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_3080.JPG
    100_3080.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 114

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I just don't understand why some bastids would do such a thing! The entertainment value just eludes me! :mad: :rant:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Uncle Ben said:
I just don't understand why some bastids would do such a thing! The entertainment value just eludes me! :mad: :rant:

Me too...According to the cop it wasn't an isolated incident as there were multiple reports in the neighborhood. Makes me feel a little better knowing (hopefully) that it was a random act unlikely to be repeated...

I can remember doing stupid stuff like putting a fire cracker in a mail box but to do this to someones vehicle? Damn sad. I made a point of showing my eldest (the lesson would be lost on my 3 yr old) daughter the damage. Then asking her how she felt about it and telling how disappointed I would be if I ever heard of her doing something like this or being involved in anyway. Maybe, just maybe, this will stick with her and she will be a better person because of it.