Using Toyota switches to control ARB compressor and lockers

I know there is a write up on this somewhere, I just can't find it. I am trying to use a Toyota switch to power my ARB compressor and the factory rotary diff lock switch to control the lockers. I ran the ARB wire harness into the cab now I just need to know which wires to connect to the switches. Any suggestions?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I know nothing, but that's never stopped me from posting before so why start now?

But I do know that Bruce (60wag) has done this in his 60, and he'll be in Moab. and I've seen him trade tech advice for :beer: before..

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Ahem, Toyota makes a lot of switches; which are you contemplating using? One that's already there, and if so, which one? Be advised that compressors use a LOT of juice and most dash mounted switches won't be up to the task and would be best controlling a relay.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Rzeppa said:
Ahem, Toyota makes a lot of switches; which are you contemplating using? One that's already there, and if so, which one? Be advised that compressors use a LOT of juice and most dash mounted switches won't be up to the task and would be best controlling a relay.
i think he's talking stock 80 switches.

Thank you for the input :thumb: . I finally figured it all out. I was making it way to complicated at first.

The toyota switch I used was for fog lights fro an earlier model I think. I ran it through the relay included with the ARB wire harness. Seems to work great and the system is holding air. I connected the solenoids to the rotary switch and hooked a couple relays up to the diff lock ECU plug so the diff lock dash lights work also. Now I just need to wrap and route the wires to finish it off.