• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Using Toyota switches to control ARB compressor and lockers

I know there is a write up on this somewhere, I just can't find it. I am trying to use a Toyota switch to power my ARB compressor and the factory rotary diff lock switch to control the lockers. I ran the ARB wire harness into the cab now I just need to know which wires to connect to the switches. Any suggestions?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I know nothing, but that's never stopped me from posting before so why start now?

But I do know that Bruce (60wag) has done this in his 60, and he'll be in Moab. and I've seen him trade tech advice for :beer: before..

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Ahem, Toyota makes a lot of switches; which are you contemplating using? One that's already there, and if so, which one? Be advised that compressors use a LOT of juice and most dash mounted switches won't be up to the task and would be best controlling a relay.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
Rzeppa said:
Ahem, Toyota makes a lot of switches; which are you contemplating using? One that's already there, and if so, which one? Be advised that compressors use a LOT of juice and most dash mounted switches won't be up to the task and would be best controlling a relay.
i think he's talking stock 80 switches.

Thank you for the input :thumb: . I finally figured it all out. I was making it way to complicated at first.

The toyota switch I used was for fog lights fro an earlier model I think. I ran it through the relay included with the ARB wire harness. Seems to work great and the system is holding air. I connected the solenoids to the rotary switch and hooked a couple relays up to the diff lock ECU plug so the diff lock dash lights work also. Now I just need to wrap and route the wires to finish it off.