Turn signal question

Boulder Cruiser

Trail Ready
So i put the steering box/column from the 74 on to the 72 everything is working good except the turn signals. The 74 column has two plugs for the turn signals, one is big and the other is small. I found the mate for the big one but theres isnt one for the small one... so my turn signals dont really work, if i pull the lever DOWN the RIGHT light turns on and stays on, if i push it up nothing happens. Anybody done this swap? Is there anything i can do or should i just start using hand signals???:eek:

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I'm pretty sure the Parkinson's and Matt have had "issues" with turn signals in the last year or so and that there are threads here in the Tech section on the issues. I don't recall if either of them was specific to issues when doing a steering column swap but possibly some of what they found might help.

I think Matt especially (subzali) found out some interesting tidbits.

Last edited:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
My problems are the result of my hazard switch not completely working, but also not completely broken, but I was able to bypass it so no prob. In your case I would trace the wires back from the lights to figure out which wire gives power to which bulb, make sure that that matches up with your switch, and make sure the flasher is somewhere between the two so it blinks. It sounds like having the right bulb working is a good starting point.

Also make sure you have good grounds or else if you have an OEM flasher it will go on and stay on if there's a bad ground.