• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Try2St.FUAW and then NSTFAC

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
wish i'd gone...that looks like a kick in the pants!

staying home was best for my health tho...i'm almost through with this crap.

pmccumber

Hard Core 4+
That's alot of snow! Any idea what altitude you started seeing the white stuff? Might go out tomorrow ...

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
That's alot of snow! Any idea what altitude you started seeing the white stuff? Might go out tomorrow ...

The entire Jenny Creek Trail was snowy. Trail head is right at about 10k' We started encountering bigger drifts about 1/2 way in so about 10.4k and the big drifts were close to Yankee Doodle Lake which is 10.8k. It was snowing hard at the top while we were there and the winds were cranking! I'm gussing most of our tracks are already gone! :eek:

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+

We 'started' seeing white stuff coming into Ned, at about 8k. But nothing worth mentioning until the trailhead.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Wow! How are the BFG's UB? And it looks like Isaac chained up?

What do you guys forecast this winter to be like? Is it going to be so deep that we can't get through on the Snow/Pizza run again?

pmccumber

Hard Core 4+
We 'started' seeing white stuff coming into Ned, at about 8k. But nothing worth mentioning until the trailhead.

Thanks guys. Think I'll TiVo the games and see what it looks like around Coney Flats. I brined and did a good rub and grilled up a couple chickens tonight and chopped 'em up. Think we'll take some hot chocolate and have a little picnic.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
Wow! How are the BFG's UB? And it looks like Isaac chained up?

What do you guys forecast this winter to be like? Is it going to be so deep that we can't get through on the Snow/Pizza run again?

I definitely chained up. I couldn't get up the hills towards the top. I had to have both lockers on, and it wanted to walk sideways on the off camber. UB had to pass me, and break trail again.

I doubt people are going through there after last night. It was drifting so bad, and snowing really hard. I bet our tracks are all but gone.