• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Truck show at Stevenson West this Saturday 10-16-‘21

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
This will undoubtedly be filled with 3rd Gen Taco and 5th Gen 4Runner Overland Bois. So it would be really cool if we can get a large contingency of the old guard together to show these youngins what real off-road rigs look like. 😁
Anyone want to bring out their old school trucks? 40’s, 45’s, diesels, 60’s, 62’s, 50’s, 80’s, 1st Gen Runners and Tacos, mini trucks, etc.
42A54B3B-C5F8-4B42-B50B-6A219682418E.jpeg

Last edited:

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
Here’s a link if you want to register your rig for the Best In Show competition. $350 1st prize. $20 entry fee. Proceeds go to charity.

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
Dang, I'd love to go. Someone wanna take my 40 instead? :hill::hill:

Last edited:

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Cool! Is this a Dealership event? I clicked the link but it's not clear who's putting it on.

They require you to pick between Tundra, Tacoma, or 4Runner to register :LOL: Maybe we should bring out the Pickups, Land Cruisers, LX's and GX's?

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Cool! Is this a Dealership event? I clicked the link but it's not clear who's putting it on.

They require you to pick between Tundra, Tacoma, or 4Runner to register :LOL: Maybe we should bring out the Pickups, Land Cruisers, LX's and GX's?
Wait, you don’t like the exclusivity of the event? Lol

White Stripe

Hard Core 4+
Very strange only tundra, 4runner, and tacos seem to be allowed when stevinsons showroom is filled with 40s. I don't think I'll crash the party though.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Dealer sponsored event.

IF we go, it would be cool to coordinate the arrival. Maybe meet nearby before for an early lunch and roll in around noon.

Probably no one will notice and all look at us as has-beens :cool:

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Fueling up the 70 fj40 to bring tomorrow…

“I like your Jeep, what does it have in it?”

“Thanks…an old ass tractor motor…”

“Touché “

Literally touché was the reply
Now I am concerned the bros actually didn’t like my Jeep

Last edited:

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Very strange only tundra, 4runner, and tacos seem to be allowed when stevinsons showroom is filled with 40s. I don't think I'll crash the party though.
I'm fairly busy today anyway, but the glaring omission of Land Cruisers was the main reason I didn't even entertain going to this.

I mean, I know I can just go out there and look at trucks but where's the fun in that? They're really going to let a bunch of 40s, 60s, 80s, and 100s sit there and not be part of it? Harumph!

Last edited:

Crash

Rising Sun Member
There were several 60 series Cruisers (BVB and myself included), Mike Simpson in his 40 and an 80 or two plus a late 80's two wheel drive mini truck in attendance. Even a 70 series RHD Cruiser. Lots of built Tacomas and 4Runners. The event organizers were quick to point out they dropped the ball on Cruisers in general and stated that they plan on having another gathering next year that will certainly be more inclusive of other Toyota models. Very low key show and shine that was fun overall on this beautiful Indian summer day. No marque was excluded from attending just the peoples' choice award that you had to pay $$ for to enter. (y)

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Fueling up the 70 fj40 to bring tomorrow…

“I like your Jeep, what does it have in it?”

“Thanks…an old ass tractor motor…”

“Touché “

Literally touché was the reply
Now I am concerned the bros actually didn’t like my Jeep
2003 4Runner Driver: "Cool."

Chip on shoulder 40 Owner: "So what motor does your station wagon have in it?"

4R.D: "The same one Toyota decided to put in the 2022 GRJ300 Land Cruiser."

C.o.s.40.O.: "Oh."