• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Triple Bypass Run 2022

RossM

Rising Sun Member
We also went through the detour. Seems like a royal pain but it goes fast and takes you through some very beautiful country. The long ago abandoned Colorado Midland railroad grade follows the road from Hartsel out to 285 and the summit of Trout Creek Pass where it crosses over the old Denver South Park and Pacific line.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
In case Dorchester campground is packed we can try this area. We camped here a few years ago. It's about a mile or two before Dorchester.
38.924205,-106.591214
Screenshot_20220904-151619_Maps.jpg

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I forgot to post my passenger seat is open

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Do we have a HAM channel in mind so we can make contact while driving up? 146.460 seemed to have other stuff on it last time I used it on the Front Range

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Do we have a HAM channel in mind so we can make contact while driving up? 146.460 seemed to have other stuff on it last time I used it on the Front Range
Ken, please pick us a frequency. We always use 146.46 but if it has too much traffic, let's go another one.

RossM

Rising Sun Member
We need some volunteers to bring at least 1 bundle of firewood with them please. I will bring 2 that I have sitting at home, who else can bring a bundle or 2?

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
We need some volunteers to bring at least 1 bundle of firewood with them please. I will bring 2 that I have sitting at home, who else can bring a bundle or 2?
i can grab some tomorrow on my way down

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
How about 147.550

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
I’ll be there as stated, I plan around RS runs, just saying. I could bring a bundle if you let me know ASAP as I’m heading out in the mid AM and tentative in Camp at 3:30-4:30 times.

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Bring a bundle please.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'll bring a bundle with me.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i'll be in denver in the am to do some banking, then stopping in bv to say goodbye to doug at wellsorted, then head to camp. fat bastard is loaded up and i checked fluids, wheel bearing torque and knuckle bolts. can't wait. will be nice to get out wheeling again.

Groucho

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Ok. As we head towards the start of this, I am going to reveal the plan I have for dinner Saturday afternoon/evening. part of this idea is to give those coming in from the run a hot meal and a cold beverage so they don't have to worry about making dinner.

My plan, as coordinated with Ross, is to bring our 10x10 festival tent with a table and jockey box to have 2 small kegs of Big Choice beer available on draft, as well as cook up some Slumgullion and some salad. I will have paper plates, flatware/napkin packets and cups for the cerveza. It is a hearty comfort food type of meal, and should satisfy everyone. Just as an FYI--it will be a meat and gluten meal. If anyone has diet concerns, please plan on fixing yourself something else. While the salad will be avaiable to most with concerns, my guess is that the meat and/or gluten may not be ok for a few.
As you read up on slumgullion, it is known as "cheap meat stew", but do not let that dissuade anyone. It is being prepared using ground chuck from our local smokehouse, using a few types of spices like onion, garlic, oregano and rosemary so while it may be simple, it is also simply good.

The beer will be a choice of our GenX Mexican Lager, or our Stinkerbell Juicy IPA.

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
Just putting this out, dealing with relocating my father from the hospital to a long term nursing home at about 1pm and hope to be heading down 3-4pm time frame. Will monitor 147.550.

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Just want to clarify if its 147.550 or 147.540, on the rd with very limited reception for a couple hrs.
Thanks

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
In bv now. Just finishing lunch at the lariat. Will go say goodbye to doug, fuel up and head to camp

wesintl

RS Moderator
meetings, won't be on the road til 4:30. see ya there

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
If someone brings a chain saw there is plenty of legal wood to pickup once you are on the trail for avalanches and such.