• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Triple Bypass Run 2022

RossM

Rising Sun Member
@Fisher67 you've been added onto the confirmed list.

Waiting list is currently empty.

Please don't forget to post our shirt sizes, need to place the order early this week.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Heya Ross. Xl for me and I’m binging my son Wyatt and he’s a large. Let me know what I can bring or make for dinner one night

subzali

Hard Core 4+
This weekend went up there for a friends birthday and we were able to get my 80 with OME and 33s across the high Italian creek road. Two or three spots required a spot including the classic tricky section. It is very narrow and some rocks were sliding off the downhill edge.

RossM

Rising Sun Member
This weekend went up there for a friends birthday and we were able to get my 80 with OME and 33s across the high Italian creek road. Two or three spots required a spot including the classic tricky section. It is very narrow and some rocks were sliding off the downhill edge.
My wife and I went up to Italian Creek to the shelf road to check it out this past weekend (did we pass you?). I shot some photos, see attached. You're correct, it is super narrow and looks fairly loose and dodgy. Good for you for making it through. Looks like pucker factor applies heavily for this section of road. Super gnarly.

It appears as @TheHoneyBadger described, as if the recent years of heavy snow or avalanches helped slide the hillside down onto the road. One of the photos shows me trying to give an idea of about how wide the trail is at that point. Side by Side would be pretty tight, and 80 would be even more so!

This year's TBP will NOT be taking the shelf road. There is a fairly unrecognizable truck that is flat as a pancake down slope (rolled) off of this section of road that looks like it didn't end well for whomever was driving. We want safety so will take the lower boggy soupy route through the trees instead.

IMG_4165.JPG
IMG_4164.JPG
IMG_4171.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4164.JPG
    IMG_4164.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4165.JPG
    IMG_4165.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 95

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
My wife and I went up to Italian Creek to the shelf road to check it out this past weekend (did we pass you?). I shot some photos, see attached. You're correct, it is super narrow and looks fairly loose and dodgy. Good for you for making it through. Looks like pucker factor applies heavily for this section of road. Super gnarly.

It appears as @TheHoneyBadger described, as if the recent years of heavy snow or avalanches helped slide the hillside down onto the road. One of the photos shows me trying to give an idea of about how wide the trail is at that point. Side by Side would be pretty tight, and 80 would be even more so!

This year's TBP will NOT be taking the shelf road. There is a fairly unrecognizable truck that is flat as a pancake down slope (rolled) off of this section of road that looks like it didn't end well for whomever was driving. We want safety so will take the lower boggy soupy route through the trees instead.

View attachment 106524View attachment 106527View attachment 106525
As a wide ass 200 driver, I support this message :) My 200 is pretty wide too!

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
Hello Ross. I apologize but I cannot make this event. I had a family event reschedule for this weekend that I want to make. I hope someone can grab my spot. It sounds like it is going to be an awesome event.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Just checking in. Is the plan to arrive at Dorchester Campground on Friday afternoon, then hit the trail early on Saturday, ending back up at the same campground on Saturday night?

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Just checking in. Is the plan to arrive at Dorchester Campground on Friday afternoon, then hit the trail early on Saturday, ending back up at the same campground on Saturday night?
Matt, that is correct. It is the way we always ran the event in the past. Long day but a really great one.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee

Herring

Rising Sun Member

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
@Ross Miller is there anymore room on this run? I got the OK to go. I know it's last minute and you set the limit at 10 trucks. Just thought I'd ask. No biggie if not.

Last edited:

RossM

Rising Sun Member
@Ross Miller is there anymore room on this run? I got the OK to go. I know it's last minute and you set the limit at 10 trucks. Just thought I'd ask. No biggie if not.
Ray, we had someone cancel so you're in.

RayRay27

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Just a heads up. I noticed that South bound 285 just past Fairplay has been closed the last few weeks for bridge work. Hopefully this will clear up soon. Google has you going clear out to Hartsel then back in. CDOTs website doesn't indicate when the work will be completed.
1661995867462.png

Screenshot_20220831-192718_Chrome.jpg

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Just a heads up. I noticed that South bound 285 just past Fairplay has been closed the last few weeks for bridge work. Hopefully this will clear up soon. Google has you going clear out to Hartsel then back in. CDOTs website doesn't indicate when the work will be completed.
View attachment 106878
View attachment 106879
We did that detour a couple weeks ago. It’s very fast and really doesn’t add much to the overall time.