Triple Bypass 2009

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
The 2009 Triple Bypass run is tentatively scheduled for August 15th this year. That could change due to snow conditions and we'll update as the trip date nears. Backup dates would be August 22nd and the 29th.

This is our 9th trip. The run begins at the Dorchester Campground at the north end of Taylor Park, over Italian Creek Pass into Crested Butte, over Pearl Pass into Ashcroft, then over Taylor Pass and back to the Dorchester Campground. This trip includes over 50 miles of 4 wheel drive travel and is run at a fast pace. Departure time from Dorchester is 8:00 AM. A stock cruiser in good mechanical condition with a competent driver will make this trip just fine.

Please post up if you plan to make it, and direct questions to Bruce Miller.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I'm planning on coming!

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
i hope to make it this year

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I definitely wanna go this year! The dates are conflictual as thats when the kids and wife head back to school

ttubb

Plan on us.

Count us in on this one. Terry

Beater

Hard Core 4+
how about a stockish t100 with a somewhat competent driver?

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
"You'll be fine, you'll be just fine..."

I would like to make this, Bruce. Tentative is as firm as I can be, but please save me a spot? I think by that time my lovely bride and I may be well due for a camping trip.

Bruce,
Can a jeep go along with us? Good driver. New to Colorado, but has a decked out jeep and is a good driver. Relatives of Donna's. Let us know - thanks.

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Jeeps are welcome. The TBP is more of a family run than a Toyota thing.

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
TBP-Pearl Pass update

Pearl Pass Passable-Not quite 7/25/09
COMMENTS:
7/25/09 - We travelled from the Crested Butte Side and made it to within a couple of hundred yards of the top. The Aspen side still has many large drifts on the other side. A well equipped jeep could have made it but I was in a Polaris RZR and would have had to winch through the snow because it was soft and deep. We were close enough to walk to the top. We watched several motorcycles make it up the Aspen side but it would have been very difficult on the Aspen Side.

This is from the bushducks.com website. Hopefully, over the next three weeks, the snow will melt to the point where August 15th is a good trip date.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Is anybody interested in doing an extra trip on Sunday? I am thinking heading over to do Schofield Pass to the Crystal Mill, then to Marble and home via Glenwood and I-70...

Come on snow melt!!!

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Tbp

Pearl Pass is open. Ttubb and his son drove to the summit from the Crested Butte side and reported no snow on the road. At the summit, they met some folks who drove over from Taylor Pass and said the road was open.

So, the TBP is on for Saturday, August 15th. Meeting place is the Dorchester Campground. We leave at 8:00AM on that Saturday morning. For anyone driving up Saturday morning, if you will be catching up with the group, we first drive over Italian Pass road then Pearl Pass. Let me know who you are and we'll listen for you on 146.46. Otherwise, we'll see you at Dorchester C.G.

Who's going?

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Would love to go as I have never been, but i'll be in Tahoe with friends (Max is shipping off for his second tour). Maybe next year.....

Hope you guys have a great time!!!

:beer::beer:

I have been lurking on this site for sometime now. I spend the summer's at Taylor Park and the winter's in Arizona. My name is Jeff. I would love to go on this ride! I spend most of my days running around Taylor prospecting. The rest of my time I spend looking for the giant Lake Trout. My problem is that it is hard to find people to fish with that are not working. I need someone that can back up a trailer. I will fish most any time I can find someone to go with. I have a Champion bass boat. I am on a learning curve with the fish in Colorado and am learning fly fishing. I wheel a couple of mornings a week up to Mirror Lake to practice and caught my first Brook Trout on a fly rod last week. I am in Arizona for a few days and should be back up to Holts Guest Ranch next week. My email is jdub55@cox.net

ttubb

Camping

When is everyone planning to arrive at the campground? Friday night?

ttubb

I have been lurking on this site for sometime now. I spend the summer's at Taylor Park and the winter's in Arizona. My name is Jeff. I would love to go on this ride! .]

I am certain you would be most welcome to join the group for the run. :cheers: Terry

Bruce Miller

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
You're welcome to join the group. We leave the Dorchester Campground at 8:00AM Saturday morning, August 15th.

We will arrive at the campground mid afternoon on Friday.