Found Toyota SUV

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
We are selling our pathfinder and looking to move my fiance into the Toyota family.

Looking for a Toyota SUV. She would love a 4 door tacoma but they are all way out of our price range.

Thinking 4th gen 4 runner, 100 series, or GX in the 150 to 200k mile range. 4wd only.

Let me know if you have anything!

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
GX470 seem like they can still be found for ok prices. Same with 4runners (V6 or v8?)

100s less often, but then again they are land cruisers

Price range?

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
GX470 seem like they can still be found for ok prices. Same with 4runners (V6 or v8?)

100s less often, but then again they are land cruisers

Price range?

Ideally a v8 if we went with the 4th gen. I used to have one and that thing was a beast.

Price range is around 10k. We are somewhat flexible.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Could be a search to find those miles at 10K, but probably something close. 2005-2008 GX470 has the 2UZ with VVTi, is lux, AHC, KDSS (optional). Many driven completely on pavement.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Like this if $13.5K :

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Thanks. Yes I know it will be a little tough to find something in that range.

Not discounting a sequoia or 1st gen tundra if the price is right.

Just need something reliable that can tow and will be good in the snow. This will be a DD and will probably never see the trails.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Well as soon as I started looking seriously my parents decided they want to upgrade to a GX so their 04 LX470 needs a new home. It is going to be a little more than we planned to spend even with the family discount but I think it should be a great vehicle for us with kids on the way in a few years.

I believe it is right around 80,000 miles. A real garage queen.

LX folks hit me with a PM list! It has one leaking CV to deal with and probably needs new fluids.

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Nice score! Get a laptop and get Techstream so you can see the AHC pressure and adjust the torsion bars if necessary.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Well as soon as I started looking seriously my parents decided they want to upgrade to a GX so their 04 LX470 needs a new home. It is going to be a little more than we planned to spend even with the family discount but I think it should be a great vehicle for us with kids on the way in a few years.

I believe it is right around 80,000 miles. A real garage queen.

LX folks hit me with a PM list! It has one leaking CV to deal with and probably needs new fluids.

Dang 80k is a young one, good score! ... make sure you negotiated the upcoming T-belt cost into the family discount ;)

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
That's a sweet score. Color? An '04 LX in good shape with 80K means you are likely sitting on the right side of things.

Get that AHC right. If its gonna be a dd pretty hard to beat a functional AHC system.

TB as Andy mentioned. If you are gonna do a CV you probably want to repack bearings. Parking brakes tend to always need adjustment, but its pretty simple. Check ball joints and boots. Grease drive shaft.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Its the one on the right side of the cruiser sandwich.

I get to pretend I'm @J1000 now.

Yes it's been in CO since 08 and still has Florida plates. My folks hate taxes.

Attachments

• 20210703_151056.jpg
    20210703_151056.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 102