• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Tire carrier buildup on Mud...

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Howdy folks, I have been designing and building a tire carrier for the past several weekends with MUCH help from IanB!

Just thought for those who don't lurk on mud... I just put up some new pics.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=75040

Enjoy!

Thanks again Ian!

Drew <><

Beater

Hard Core 4+
mmmmmmm steel

wesintl

RS Moderator
I need to start hangin out at ian's... :)

Nice work there drew

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Thanks wesintl- but really you should give Ian all the props, he has been really generous with his time, tools, and skills, thanks Ian :beer: :beer:

It has been fun and my first real fabrication experience at all. I mostly stand there watching Ian "gettin tiggy wit it" while I look through the welding mask, sometimes I start to sweep the shop, or play with the pit bull. :eek:

Fabbing is fun, but man it takes some time and work. Now I know why some of the nicer built units cost so much to get them on your rig!

Drew <><

Beater

Hard Core 4+
Rezarf said:
Fabbing is fun, but man it takes some time and work.

Drew <><

And beer. You forgot beer.

Or maybe that's why I do art, not commercial fabrication. Oh wait, I do that too, maybe it's why I don't do structural....yeah, that's it.

IanB

green machine said:
And beer. You forgot beer.

Green obviously knows what he is talking about, he went straight to the heart of the matter...

You Forgot :bowdown: :beer: !!!!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :drink:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Looking good :bowdown: :bowdown: :drink:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Rezarf said:
Fabbing is fun, but man it takes some time and work. Now I know why some of the nicer built units cost so much to get them on your rig!
Yep, the grinder is my friend, probably spend more time with it than welding :)

Ian's welds look really nice. Did you get to play with the TIG?

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Rzeppa said:
Ian's welds look really nice. Did you get to play with the TIG?

Yeah, Ian has been throwing down some really sweet welds on my carrier. I haven't asked to play wih the TIG yet, mainly because I have asked to play with the tube bender, grinder, wire wheel, cutting wheel, torch, and everything else Ian has to offer! :D

He has been so generous to help me with this thing, I dont want to spend more of his time jacking up metal with his TIG... but maybe someday after enough :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: I might ask for a lesson.

Thanks again Ian! :cheers:

Drew