• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Tincup Pass

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Made it up to St. Elmo and Tincup Pass yesterday with @rightlane80 and some buddies from CO4x4RnR. Absolutely beautiful day and awesome views from the summit. The water level of Mirror Lake has gone down some - most of the trail on the side of the lake is still submerged, but the water isn't much more than hub depth. I think some guys from CORE cleared the last drift near the summit, so we were able to make it all the way to to the top. The trail was pretty rocky in sections (we didn't go through Old Tincup, thankfully!) and I managed to get a nice dent in one of my skid plates, but we had a great time overall.

On a side note, I think I encountered some of the most courteous off-road drivers on this trail. Most everyone, including the SxS drivers, seemed to be well aware of trail etiquette, and all were very friendly. The one exception was an idiot who tried to ride up one of the hiking trails at the summit with his dirt bike. We stopped him before he was able to do any damage, though.

PGt2Px9.jpg

oJMWqOe.jpg

65BYcn4.jpg

NySxFg7.jpg

dt9ccLj.jpg

G7yhWMx.jpg

4w6KhnC.jpg

LjCBbC2.jpg

JItRb4r.jpg
E3UQkzB.jpg

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

subzali

Hard Core 4+
A turbo is cheaper and easier and a turbo 1FZ will outrun a 2UZ!

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Just a joke. I’ve been kidding him about how slow his 80 is, while I also keep bugging him to sell it to me. ;)

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
does 2uz require premium? turbo does which is why i've avoided it. :(

subzali

Hard Core 4+

point taken if we’re talking 100 vs. 80 with the 2UZ already installed in the 100. The cost to swap a 2UZ into an 80 can buy a lot of gas.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Yes, it requires premium. Always a painpoint for me as well when I'm filling up the wife's truck. I can probably put piss in my 80 and be ok you know, because of the 3fe and all ;). It would still be slower than molasses in January but it would probably run.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
premium scares me more than covid. a) it's stupid expensive all the time, b) it's insanely stupidly priced sometimes, and c) sometimes, you just can't find it.