• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

The Train Trip, June 10-13th, 2021

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
A pic I took from Camp site 2019 chasing the Cumbres Toltec with the RS. Excited about returning

Ready!

Im gonna have to bail on this one. Baby girl is still just too young and mama isnt ready to be alone. Fingers crossed for next year. I'll be watching this one in jealousy.

Boo.

:beer: :beer:

bh4rnnr

Alright all, just an update.

Just got off the phone with the C&TS. Trying to set up a group reservation. They are going to get back to me tomorrow regarding the train ride on Sat June the 12th. Looks to be full but the person I was talking with is checking to see if they can add an extra car (mentioned the club a few times and that we've done this trip many a times, fingers crossed). Worst case, well ride the train on June 10th, the first full day of the run.

Seeing that they can't run busses this year due to restrictions, we are going to be doing an out and back train ride from Antonito.

Gonna be fun!

To help wet the apatite...

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr

Still waiting to hear back regarding our group reservation for the train ride..

For now, some more C&TS goodness!

bh4rnnr

Alright gang!

Group reservation for our train ride is set for Thursday June 10th. We will be riding the train from Antonito to Osier and back. When making the reservation, you can either call the Antonito depot (ask for Crystal- super helpful) or make the reservation online. When making the reservation be sure to include the group reservation code: TT21 . This will make sure we are all together for the ride from Antonito.

Currently there are 46 seats available, so make sure to do it sooner than later. I'll be making my reservation on Friday when that paycheck comes.

Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad

Gonna be fun!!

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Perry...I'm going to have to bail on another one. Our schedule has filled up around this, and my work is piling up in preparation for launch of a new product. There is a really small off-chance that I could sneak away to say hi camping, but the family trip is almost entirely out.

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
Perry, We're out too. I can't ride all day with a mask...Going to find something else closer to home this weekend.

Y'all have fun with the train! Hopefully we'll join next year.

bh4rnnr

Perry...I'm going to have to bail on another one. Our schedule has filled up around this, and my work is piling up in preparation for launch of a new product. There is a really small off-chance that I could sneak away to say hi camping, but the family trip is almost entirely out.

Perry, We're out too. I can't ride all day with a mask...Going to find something else closer to home this weekend.

Y'all have fun with the train! Hopefully we'll join next year.

Bummer to miss ya guys this year!

bh4rnnr

Done. Make sure Thursday, June 10th.

Awesome!

If you guys could, please post up when you've gotten your train ride ticket (remember to use the reservation code: TT21 and Antonito and back for Thursday June 10th)

Just made my reservation online. Super easy, plus they gave us a bit of a discount:cool:.

Going to make shrimp stir fry on my 'Skottle" Wednesday night. If anyone wants to join in, please let me know so I will have enough for anyone who would like to partake. I also will be bringing deserts (tropical cakes from my sister business) for that night. Just brought alot of shrimp back from Florida.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Is there cell service at that campsite? Asking for a friend.

@Beach Boy sounds delicious but unlikely I could be there early enough Wednesday.

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
Daniel, from what I recollect from a couple of years ago, Cell service is spotty at best...In and out, but mostly out.

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
I'm out due to health issues.

bh4rnnr

Done, 36 seats left.

Sweet!

Gonna pass on the ride.. looking forward to the camp and chasing though..

Glad you'll be making the trip!

Going to make shrimp stir fry on my 'Skottle" Wednesday night. If anyone wants to join in, please let me know so I will have enough for anyone who would like to partake. I also will be bringing deserts (tropical cakes from my sister business) for that night. Just brought alot of shrimp back from Florida.

Sounds delicious! I'm heading out Wed after work, so may be later arrival for me.
Is there cell service at that campsite? Asking for a friend.

@Beach Boy sounds delicious but unlikely I could be there early enough Wednesday.

Couldn't tell ya. But this is our planned camp for the run: 36°59'23.1"N 106°13'21.6"W
I'm out due to health issues.

Sorry to hear this Jeff! Was excited to have you along for the run. Well raise a few glasses for you.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Couldn't tell ya. But this is our planned camp for the run: 36°59'23.1"N 106°13'21.6"W
Based on the Gaia Verizon coverage map, right on the edge. We'll see how the booster does!
1622652788001.png

bh4rnnr

Perry, same campsite as past years? Anyone know what the fire restrictions are down there. I can bring firewood or a propane firepit.

Brian, same location as before. Just a bit down the dirt road- better suited for a bigger group.

GPS coordinates for camp: 36°59'23.1"N 106°13'21.6"W

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Just made my reservation. Looking forward to another nap in the trail to the clickety clack of the rails

What day chasing from Chama and what day chasing from Antonito (if we can chase Antonito Friday and Chama Saturday that'd be my preference.

Can you update Post 1 which still says "ride train Friday"

Is not riding the rails on the 10th who might watch Mikey - little black dog? Otherwise he will stay home with Anna.