• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

The Train Trip, June 10-13th, 2021

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
Awesome guys! Should be a fun trip!

Got everyone on the list! Guess were filled up for this years Train Run:).

Is it summer yet?

:beer::beer:
I’m looking at this post. You’re included with the group.

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Can I put my name in the hat for the wait list? Would be really interested in this one.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I went ahead and added this to the RS calendar.

bh4rnnr

bh4rnnr

Hey all,

After chatting with @DanS the other day, feel we have a good plan for this years run. Getting excited!

So here is what were thinking:

Due to current restrictions, the Cumbres and Toltec are not operating buses. So when riding the train, it's an out and back adventure this year either from Chama our Antonito). We decided to ride the train from the Antonito depot this year (always have rode the train out of Chama). Feel it will be a different but fun train ride. Lunch will still be served at Osier.

Dan will get a group reservation set up here in the next week or so.

As far as chasing the train, the plan is to chase the C&TS Thursday and Friday, focusing this year on the Antonito side.

So excited for this years run!

Sublette 2018.jpg

:beer: :beer:

ColoradoMntMan

Rising Sun Member
Hi Perry, I'm unfortunately going to have to cancel my reservation. For good reason though as I will be climbing Denali in June! I hope this becomes an annual trip on the calendar so I can attend next year. Have fun everyone and see you guys at the next event when I get back.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Hi Perry, I'm unfortunately going to have to cancel my reservation. For good reason though as I will be climbing Denali in June!
Good reason! Have an amazing trip

RossM

Rising Sun Member
Hey all you C&TS fans, here is a chance to help boost the ridership of the railroad, vote for it as the best scenic railroad trip on the USA Today poll:

Wish we could’ve made this year’s trip, Cumbres and Toltec is our fave. Hope you all have a blast and take lots of photos for us.

By the way, you can vote every day if you so choose to. It brings patrons to the Cumbres and Toltec with publicity like this.

Last edited:

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Done. Got this message after voting:

We appreciate your vote!
Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad is currently ranked 1 of 19​

:clap:

bh4rnnr

Hi Perry, I'm unfortunately going to have to cancel my reservation. For good reason though as I will be climbing Denali in June! I hope this becomes an annual trip on the calendar so I can attend next year. Have fun everyone and see you guys at the next event when I get back.

Erik, sorry you can't make the run but you have a pretty awesome reason why you cant make it!! Hope you have a great time hiking Denali!

Hey all you C&TS fans, here is a chance to help boost the ridership of the railroad, vote for it as the best scenic railroad trip on the USA Today poll:

Wish we could’ve made this year’s trip, Cumbres and Toltec is our fave. Hope you all have a blast and take lots of photos for us.

By the way, you can vote every day if you so choose to. It brings patrons to the Cumbres and Toltec with publicity like this.

Ross, thanks for posting this!! I always forget to!

Done. Got this message after voting:

We appreciate your vote!​

Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad is currently ranked 1 of 19​

:clap:

Awesome!

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr

@AlpineAccess , your now on the to go list if you can make it!

:beer: :beer:

bh4rnnr

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
A pic I took from Camp site 2019 chasing the Cumbres Toltec with the RS. Excited about returning

Attachments

• ABAD106C-F7E9-4107-8084-1DACEC47E379.jpeg
    ABAD106C-F7E9-4107-8084-1DACEC47E379.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145

dan1554

RS Moderator
Staff member
Im gonna have to bail on this one. Baby girl is still just too young and mama isnt ready to be alone. Fingers crossed for next year. I'll be watching this one in jealousy.