• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

The Mojave Road - Rescheduled for some point in 2021. :-)

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I think it's time to start locking down attendees and details.

@DanielChase and @Inukshuk - do you guys know if you'll be able to attend with me and @gungriffin?

Also, I plan on leaving Denver at 7AM on Monday, which would put me in Grand Junction by about 11AM, to meet those of you attending Bill Burke's training. From there, it's about seven hours (not including pit stops) to the Valley of Fire. So, that'll put us setting up camp about 7PM MST/6PM PST. That sound good to everyone?

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
A few other things:

- Looks like the weather will be super nice while we're there. Roughly 70 degrees during the day, and down to 45 or so at night (depending on where we camp/elevation, obviously).

- I'll bring my gas fire pit and a propane tank, so we won't have to deal with campfires.

- I'm still thinking Camp Phallus and/or Mojave Camp will be the best spots to camp on the trail. Phallus is a bit off the beaten path, but it looks like a great spot.

- I figure we'll finish Mojave and then figure out where we want to go from there. There's a bunch of cool trails outside Mesquite, and obviously a bunch of options in Utah as well - anything on the way home is good with me, so long as I'm back in town by Friday night.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
FYI

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/Travel-Advisory.aspx#.X_c5CZSUvME.twitter

Travel Advisory

Updated January 6, 2021

-snip-

Non-Essential Travel

1. Except in connection with essential travel, Californians should avoid non-essential travel to any part of California more than 120 miles from one's place of residence, or to other states or countries. Avoiding travel reduces the risk of virus transmission, including by reducing the risk that new sources of infection and, potentially, new virus strains will be introduced to California.

2. Non-essential travelers from other states or countries are strongly discouraged from entering California, and should adhere to the quarantine procedures set forth in Paragraph 3.

Quarantine Post-Travel

3. All persons arriving in or returning to California from other states or countries, should self-quarantine for 10 days [ii] after arrival, except as necessary to meet urgent critical healthcare staffing needs or to otherwise engage in emergency response. Additionally, this recommendation does not apply to individuals who routinely cross state or country borders for essential travel [iii].

-snip-

i "Non-essential travel" includes travel that is considered tourism or recreational in nature.

ii The quarantine period was updated consistent with emerging science and the CDC's latest recommendations.

iii "Essential travel" is travel associated with the operation, maintenance, or usage of critical infrastructure or otherwise required or expressly authorized by law (including other applicable state and local public health directives), including work and study, critical infrastructure support, economic services and supply chains, health, immediate medical care, and safety and security.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Due to unforeseen circumstances, this trip has been rescheduled for February 1st through February 5th.

@Shuksan, @J1000, @Jameson, @Inukshuk, @gungriffin - let me know if you guys are still interested in going during this timeframe. We can also look at the third week of February (2/15 - 2/19), if that works better for everyone.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Due to unforeseen circumstances, this trip has been rescheduled for February 1st through February 5th.
@Shuksan, @J1000, @Jameson, @Inukshuk, @gungriffin - let me know if you guys are still interested in going during this timeframe. We can also look at the third week of February (2/15 - 2/19), if that works better for everyone.
we'll see! Totally understand about next week,

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I hadn't thought about that but Rona is raging in southern cali right now.

February certainly does give me a better chance of being able to do this.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I hadn't thought about that but Rona is raging in southern cali right now.

February certainly does give me a better chance of being able to do this.
Considering that our exposure to people outside our group will be unlikely/limited, I'm not terribly worried about it. We should still plan to take all necessary precautions (masks, hand-washing, etc.), but I think we'll be safe. I don't plan on visiting anything but a gas pump during the trip.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

J1000

Rising Sun Member
Honestly, I can't say I have a work project that will dictate my availability but it's out of my hands. I should know my schedule in more detail by middle of next week.

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
I have other plans the 6-15th but maybe our paths will cross
I was thinking we start sometime around the 15th! At any rate, we’ll figure it out, I don’t think my scheduling conflicts are as urgent as @J1000 or yours so I can hopefully make due with whatever suits you guys.

bassguyry

Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I was thinking we start sometime around the 15th! At any rate, we’ll figure it out, I don’t think my scheduling conflicts are as urgent as @J1000 or yours so I can hopefully make due with whatever suits you guys.
I'm not opposed to this at all. 2/15 - 2/19 works for me as well.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
California finally lifted the stay at home orders today

J1000

Rising Sun Member
I've got a big work demo in Phoenix on the week of Feb 8 then I'm going to visit my grandma the weekend of the 13th/14th. Depending on if I can get my truck ready I may be able to meet up with you guys for the 15th in Mojave or en route. It will really take a lot for me to get everything ready I need to replace my steering rack bushings at a bare minimum.

Basically what I'm saying is don't plan the trip for me but I'll find my way there if I can.

Last edited: