The Craigslist Bicycle Thread

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Does this ad look fishy to anyone else?
http://eastco.craigslist.org/bik/4992125657.html

2013 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC Medium for $1250? Sharp looking bike wish it was a large/xl. Ad says eastern CO but the CL map shows it west of Cripple Creek somewhere.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
A new Tallboy LT carbon starts at about $3,500, so IMHO it does seem fishy. That's what I'd expect a 26" bike (e.g. a Blur) to go for now. Not a 29'er full suspension that nice. Wonder if it's just a frame? That would make more sense if it's legit and not stolen.

wesintl

RS Moderator
You can give me the 1250 and i'll let you know :)

you know what they say if it smells like a scam it probably is

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I had the 2015 kit last year and this year got he 2016 kit......

I have to say the 2016 kit is way better. Climbs better in the powder, turns better everywhere, and handles better on trails. Also, if you are willing to work out a deal for shipping (we got 5 kits this year so shipping was a deal) the dealers out east are willing to deal a bit more and you can get a new kit for a decent deal.

The big stuff they changed in 2016 was the track which is round and has bigger paddles, the suspension design which doesn't tighten the track under compression so it's more efficient, and the driver is down a tooth so the gearing is better.

The old suspension design is a holdover from the high horsepower designs for sleds that needed the track to tighten under load so it wouldn't ratchet. That only wastes power ont eh snow bikes.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member