• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

the annual Argentine Pass adopt-a-trail event- June 26th 2021

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey all, wanted to give you all ample opportunity to update your calendars here. This weekend around June 26th we'll be headed to one of our adopt-a-roads, Argentine Pass, for a combination of trail running, surveying, clean-ups, and possible Forest Service assistance. I'm working with our Land Use Coordinator @Outlander40 Aaron on sycing up activities with the CC Ranger District, more details to follow on what, if any, we'll be doing with them. But in any case this will be our big club event this year to get out and engage with our beloved adopted trail, Argentine Pass.

Activities will include at least 2 groups running trails- usually a lower Leavenworth Creek crew, and a high road crew, often times meeting around the Santiago mine then splitting again into an Argentine Pass crew & McClellan Pass crew. Sometimes there's snow and some of this doesn't happen, we'll be flexible and it'll be awesome. We'll be doing the standard campsite surveys, cleanups, also looking for evidence of new route creations, etc. And new this year will be a greeter program, more specifics to follow, but some type of hanging out at the bottom talking to the other users who came out to enjoy our trail this day, sharing maps, directions, tips for cool spots, info on the Club and TLCA, and trail etiquette. You can be involved in any or all parts of this.

There will also be camping- the night before on Friday, and/or the night after on Saturday, where all types of family-friendly shenanigins are welcome and encouraged. You could even do a night run, bring a mountain bike or motorcycle, do some hiking, but feel free to make a weekend of it.
:camping:

This is of course open to anyone, and active members can use their participation towards next year's club dues, under our All Access program. And if you're new to this group and/or have never been up Argentine, this is a great one to be a part of, a great way to get to know some folks in your club a little better, or meet some folks in the club for the first time. We'll meet at 8:30, try to roll out by 9:00, and you can be back in town whenever you need to be back in town. More details to follow, please post up your questions & interest.

edit: see this post for exact meeting location https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/thr...trail-event-june-26th-2021.30512/#post-368001

Last edited:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
On the calendar, thanks Tim!!

:beer: :beer:

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Count me in, for sure!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Just getting this back on the first page here... now only about a month away. And should have more updates on activities by the June meeting.

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
hopeful

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Count me in

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Awesome! Also reminder to all that we'll be breaking up in 2 or 3 groups for this, so group size out on the trails should remain fairly small.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I am hopefully in. Depends on where I am in preparations for a big trip the a week later.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I'm in like Flynn if there's room 2 more and a pup.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I see no reason that I, or we, won't make it.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Any runners in the club? Considering doing this as a trail run one day that weekend. Maybe early Sat or Sunday morning?

Run it, Drive it, Clean it up!

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey all, so let's meet at 08:30 on Saturday Morning at the Silverdale Trailhead. 1967 Guanella Pass Rd, Georgetown, CO 80444
39.68793440275582, -105.69965445940872

This is the little parking lot on the left, just before you get to those last couple switchbacks before the turn-off to the trail. Here's a picture:
argentine_start.jpg

Reason being is it's generally an absolute cluster up at the turn-off to the trail, and we often wind up interfering with other traffic on the pass, etc. so let's just get off the road as we gather and figure out who's going where. Reminder this is probably an hour and a half from your house, especially if you have to get gas & coffee on the way. So please plan accordingly. For those camping the night before, no need to all run back down, though feel free to send a delegate if you wish. Just communicate with us on radios, be ready to join the group sometime after 9:00.

Let's try 147.540 ham, and FRS 22 on the little guys for our default channels. As groups split up they can decide their own coms. Post up your questions!

HoneyBadger

Rising Sun Member
I’ll try to make it out. 😎👍

EDIT:
Actually, I’m out. I’d go if it was just the club and the FS reps weren’t going.

Last edited: