T/case ?

arthog

Hard Core 4+
Does anyone know the size and length of the bolts that hold the front output housing on a 3spd t case. Mine seperated from the t/case I hope I caught it in time. also is it hard to pull the rear axel with ARBs It appears that the seal or bearing race is bad. I have oil covering my pass. side rear tire.

Terry

If this keeps up I might know of a 55 with 4BT for sale:rant:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Which bolts?
068-100_01-big.jpg

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

wesintl

RS Moderator
I'm thinking #33.. No way i'm going outside to get under my truck and pull one to measure right now. Hopefully someone has one handy for you. :cheers:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Specter Off Road sells them for $1 each. You could call them and find out what they are. Or just order them and save yourself the hassle of driving all over trying to find the right bolts. ;)

60wag

Rising Sun Member
From Matt's picture, they look like blind holes that aren't very deep. You might just stick the end of a caliper in the hole to find the max depth for the bolt. If the bolts pulled out and buggered the threads, you might consider a helicoil repair.

As for the axle seal... The C clips in the diff have to come off to get the axle out. The ARB is similar to the stock setup but slightly different. There is a downloadable ARB install manual in the Tech section on Mud that should show the details.