• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Switzerland Trail system

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
The wife wants to get out of the house today so we are going to see what the traffic is like at the ST. Should be nice and crowded! I'm also going to give the OnX Offroad app a try. We have never run these trails and I am hoping they will be empty. I dont foresee this but I hope🥴

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
We will probably be leaving in 15 minutes from superior. Eta to trailhead is about 11:00.

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Switzerland trail was not busy! It was a nice cruise through some trees with the family and the new pup did great. Found a great spot just off the trail for lunch and only had 1 truck and a sxs pass by. They all slowed down and were respectful of the dry, dusty trail.

Not impressed with onxoffroad app. The track recording was way off until we slowed down. Road names on the downloaded area disappeared and I could not download a gpx track to overlay. While the information was decent when connected to the internet, it is not worth $30 for the service. Maybe they will up their game but right now I will be deleting the app.

3rdGen4R

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
No worries. Google maps put us at the wrong place when we got there. We ended up doing the uphill portion of Pennsylvania gulch, ran back to Nederland, and than we went back and did Switzerland trail. It was really busy for us when we did that. Either way it was good for us to get out of the house for this run!