• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Switzerland Trail on Saturday 5/09

Dmitry

Lifted
I was there on Saturday. Tons and tons of people on the main road and all the little off-shoots. It was by far, the most crowded trail I've ever been on. I don't know if that was due to everyone trying to shake off cabin fever, or the road's proximity to Boulder. Lots of bicycles and motorcycles. The road was free of snow and mostly dry. There is water running along the road from the spring runoff, but no icky mud pits around. Our picnic spot was extremely dry and crunchy, so I think the current fire ban is appropriate.

Overall, a very nice afternoon drive and a great place for my friend's 12 y.o. daughter to wheel for her first time. If you have a beginner who wants to try 4-wheeling for the first time, this road is a great option and only a short drive from the city.