• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Sundays for wheeling

OHUZJ100

I wanna go wheeling.

My Sundays are always free, but there is not a whole lot of action planned from what I can tell. Trying to see if maybe others have interest in getting some plans made up to get more things going.

In my mind I'm envisioning day trip runs that are not more than 2 hours away from Denver Metro Area (I'm biased cause that's where I'm located). Curious what other would be down for. I'm also open to getting into a camp site on Saturday evening, and hitting a trail the next day.

Also, even if you don't think Sundays work for you personally... maybe post up some trails that make for a good 1 day trip.

Trail Bum

Rising Sun Member
I'd be up for some Sunday trails. It would have to wait until mid-August for me though. Live in Castle Rock.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I wanna go wheeling.
We had some great ones last summer. I have many weekends already filled but for those I'm not, this could be the ticket. Subscribed. And I still have your bottle!

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Argentine was only an hour and a half from my front door and it's a good time. I would do that on a Sunday. We could also go to MSV on a Sunday. Would want to hit that one early though to avoid the crowd.

OHUZJ100

One place I'd like to try is Jenny's Creek. Is that trail open still (yet :LOL:?) IIRC it's reasonably close to Argentine, or Kingston. I didn't run it last time I was there just sat passenger.

I could also be interested in MSV🤔

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
I am also a Sunday wheeler since I work Saturdays. I definitely plan to lead Bill Moore Lake at the end of August. Typically this is the Sunday following our annual Rally, which has been the last Saturday in August in non-pandemic years.

OHUZJ100

I should be good to go for that

Last edited:

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I wanna go wheeling.

My Sundays are always free, but there is not a whole lot of action planned from what I can tell. Trying to see if maybe others have interest in getting some plans made up to get more things going.

In my mind I'm envisioning day trip runs that are not more than 2 hours away from Denver Metro Area (I'm biased cause that's where I'm located). Curious what other would be down for. I'm also open to getting into a camp site on Saturday evening, and hitting a trail the next day.

Also, even if you don't think Sundays work for you personally... maybe post up some trails that make for a good 1 day trip.

while I can’t seem to find an in town weekend anymore, I think some solid Sunday runs are a great idea!

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
I am also interested in Sunday runs, the last weekend of august I'll be at the Overland Expo though.

Kelvin

New-ish
I would be down to run something this Sunday.

Kelvin

New-ish
I live in Evergreen, so I am looking for something within an hour or so. That being said, I'll throw out a few suggestions:

Near Raymond CO,
Bunce SChool Rd./ Ironclads / T33 Crash site
Middle St. Vrain/Coney Flats

Near Empire CO,

Bill Moore Lake
Red Elephant Hill/ Empire Loop

OHUZJ100

I have read that Bunce School Rd. Is trafficked pretty heavily with SxS. I would be interested in Bill Moore Lake however🤔

OHUZJ100

Kelvin

New-ish
I have read that Bunce School Rd. Is trafficked pretty heavily with SxS. I would be interested in Bill Moore Lake however🤔
Cool. What time do you want to hit it?
Where in Evergreen Kelvin? I live in Kittredge and work in Evergreen, see sig line for latter.
I live in Hiwan Ridge, kinda by the King Soopers. Wanna hit Bill Moore? 😜

sleepintheback

Rock Stacker
I'd like to do a run next Sunday. I'm taking off for two weeks of dirt roads on August 7. Before then, I'm trying to get a lot of stuff installed (2 bumpers, a winch, 2 air compressors). It'd be great if I could get out on August first to give all this stuff a shake-down.