Sunday August 12th - Difficult run to Spring Creek

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
You will meet at 8:30AM in Downieville and follow Jeremy (Jkimmel) up to Spring Creek. This trail has 3 real difficult obstacles and two can by bypassed for the more general group runs. This trail run will do all the obstacles (You can bypass 2 of them if you want)

You should have a rear locker, at least 33's (35's are better) and sliders are a must along with a tcase skid plate.

Post up if you plan on coming so Jeremy can plan accordingly as your Trail leader.

Here are a few trip reports from previous visits there.

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=4051

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=3880

Jeremy, anything else you want to let these people know?

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
try to be on time so we can get going, Spring Creek can get really busy on the weekends and sometimes it takes longer waiting than wheeling! I doubt it will be too busy this late in the year but be ready to have fun :)

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
title should read sunday.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Jeremy, you should Clarifyu what time to meet and when you are heading out. Most club runs we do a 15 to 30 minute window. e.g. start to meet at 9 and leave at 9:30, or 9:15.

Thanks again for leading.

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
FYI: Third obstacle was really dug out last time we were up there, making it difficult even for the single locker guys.

If it has been fixed, then no worries. If not, it is doable, but the correct line is critical. Watched a jeep get himself in a very bad spot. If you run into another group, this will likely be where you get hung up waiting.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
There is a scheduling issue with this run. So far no one is signed up. Is anyone planning on coming? Otherwise, we will take the easy way out and cancel this run.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Rather than cancelling, how about another "Moderate run" since it seems like all the interest is in that level of trail. Already 15 signed on for Red Cone...

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I'm ok with that. What do others think? I know me and the girls will be doing Red Cone regardless.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
We may get a bunch of people to sign up tomorrow at the Rally. Who knows? Another moderate run would be cool too.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I have been considering it since I have never done it and its harder than Bill Moore Lake and closer than Red Cone. So, I'm on the fence.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Rudy told me that there will be a problem getting Jeremy's truck to the trail head. So unless someone can help Jeremey out, we don't have a leader. Jeremy, do you have anything to add?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
It's harder than Red Cone. There are some opportunities to break and/or get in trouble. I'd love to go, but I think my wife has give the :mad: to a full weekend of Rising Sun events.

Hey guys. I'm Tim from Colorado Land Cruisers in the Springs, and I'm hoping to crash your party tomorrow. If you still need a trail leader or someone to help lead, I'm familiar with this trail and have a mildly built 4Runner. :D

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Tim, but at the moment I don't see anyone else running the trail. If someone else is post up and you guys go do the run.

Is in anyone going to make it for this run? If not, I guess I'll go to Red Cone tomorrow. I'd rather run Spring Creek, even if I have to lead, but I don't want to go it alone.