Studded snows good for wheeling?

bskey

When I got my 4Runner, it had studded snows on it. I want to get BFG A/T's after the winter, but I was wondering how well these would do out wheeling? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
Brett

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
When I got my 4Runner, it had studded snows on it. I want to get BFG A/T's after the winter, but I was wondering how well these would do out wheeling? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
Brett

Depends on the snow! If it's cold talcum power snow with ice underneath they will do good. The downside of studded tires on a working 4x4 is when aired down on rocks the studs can tear holes in the tread and possibly through the carcus. The cool thing is night wheeling as spinning studs on a rock are like the fourth of July man! :guapo:

bskey

Ha! The sparks could be fun! I guess I am more curious about wheeling when there is no snow (like this weekend).

subzali

Hard Core 4+
You'll get less traction on dry rock (like dry pavement), but in dirt I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Since you're getting new tires this next spring you should have a burnout session to REALLY get the sparks flying! :D