Stolen bike

white wings

Hard Core 4+
A couple things first...I RARELY leave my bike out over night and I never having it sitting outside of my fence.

Last night at 11:15pm a thief crept alongside my Southwest fence, ignoring the neighbors motion flood light. He opened my large sliding gate and went right for my bike that was left out after a family bike ride.

After grabbing my bike, he was kind enough to close my gate again before riding off with my 2016 Scott Voltage FR720.
The police have the Serial Number, pics, 2 angles of video for the police to watch AND so many unique features and identifying marks on this bike to aid in the apprehension of the thief.

The lucky part for them is that I fell asleep and slept through the camera motion alerts. This is not only rare but helped them continue to breath another day on this planet.

If you see this bike or one that you think looks just like it, hit me up. Here is a stock photo and one taken just 5 hours prior to the theft.
scott-voltage-fr-720-239466-1.jpg
20201103_093725.jpg

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
The theft level in Broomfield is getting out of control. I'm sure it's all over and not just here, though.

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
There was a front page article in the Cherry Creek Chronicle this month about how bad bike theft in Denver is getting.

Sorry to hear about someone taking yours WW.

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Where are they selling them? Are they parting them out?

With MTB being so pricey I imagine most of the reputable shops aren't buying stuff.

I saw a 2 car picket trailer piled 6 bikes high heading south on 25 with Chihuahua plates a few months ago. A variety of different styles of bikes just thrown on top of each other. We didn't know what to think, it seemed so out of place, so we did call CHP just to let them know it looked very unusual and they said they were going to investigate it. Never heard back from them.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Where are they selling them? Are they parting them out?

With MTB being so pricey I imagine most of the reputable shops aren't buying stuff.

I saw a 2 car picket trailer piled 6 bikes high heading south on 25 with Chihuahua plates a few months ago. A variety of different styles of bikes just thrown on top of each other. We didn't know what to think, it seemed so out of place, so we did call CHP just to let them know it looked very unusual and they said they were going to investigate it. Never heard back from them.
I used to work with folks from Mexico, who would regularly load up their truck with bikes and take them down to distribute. But they'd get mostly kid bikes either donated to them from friends/neighbors or pick them up at garage sales, then take them to Mexico and sell them or give them away. Wasn't high end mountain bikes by any stretch, just your typical kid bike. Apparently the resell was worth the effort... it was at least a break-even for them at a minimum they were hooking up some kids they knew with bikes they couldn't have got otherwise.