• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Stock Rivian on Hells Gate

mulebarn

Rising Sun Member
I wanted to put this in General Chit Chat for more exposure, but here we are. :)

Aside from just taking a stock pickup up this feature, seeing the torque vectoring in action is pretty amazing. This driver is decent, too. :)

The range is still an issue for me, but these are early days for battery technology. The Rivian is definitely on the table for a daily driver, and maybe weekender.

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
Starting today, you will see about 40 different takes on the R1T from a recent off road experience near Breckenridge. Most were very impressed with it both on and off road, especially with how comfortable it was. Here is one, but there are many others including lots of cool Youtube videos!

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
The range is still an issue for me
Easy, peazy. Just bring a support semi stuffed with a generator and fuel if you want to spend a week in the desert.

smartselect_20201013-192007_facebook-jpg.jpg

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Dave - you forgot to mention the words 'zero carbon' on the side of the semi ;-)

shellb

Hard Core 4+
I like the posi trac guy! Would be an amazing blend of old and new…

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Did they air down for that? Seems like the traction was just horrible... or is it just too torquey?