• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

State Trails Grants

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
From Gene King:
As many of you are already aware, the State Trails Grant and OHV Grant Applications are out. This is a reminder that any of your organizations that would like to apply for a 2007 grant should begin working on the applications now.

Deadlines for grant applications are November 1, 2006 for State Trails Grants applications, and December 1, 2006 for State Trails OHV Grant applications.

To find the applications and instructions for filling them out and submitting them go to the Colorado State Parks web site, http://parks.state.co.us/ . On the home page select "Programs" from the selections on the left, then "Trails Program", then "Grants".

Trail Grant categories have changed a little from last year and are:

Construction (small, med., and large)
Maintenance (small, med., and large)
Planning
Special Projects
Equipment

The appropriate contacts for assistance are listed in the applications. I will keep you posted when grant-writing training workshops are offered in the next couple of months. And as always I will be happy to try and assist you with any questions or issues.

Thanks for your support of the State Trails Program.
Casey Swanson
South Region Trails Coordinator
Colorado State Parks Trails Program
4255 Sinton Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Work 719-227-5259
Cell 719-440-0236
Fax 719-227-5264

I won't be able to focus on things having to do with grants with all that's going on; anyone care to take this on as a project? The Argentine creek route water diversion comes to mind, as well as signage (including steel maps of the trail), additional post and cable here and there, and riparian area stablization/guardian obstacle construction on Jenny Creek.

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Red_Chili said:
From Gene King:
As many of you are already aware, the State Trails Grant and OHV Grant Applications are out. This is a reminder that any of your organizations that would like to apply for a 2007 grant should begin working on the applications now.

Deadlines for grant applications are November 1, 2006 for State Trails Grants applications, and December 1, 2006 for State Trails OHV Grant applications.

To find the applications and instructions for filling them out and submitting them go to the Colorado State Parks web site, http://parks.state.co.us/ . On the home page select "Programs" from the selections on the left, then "Trails Program", then "Grants".

Trail Grant categories have changed a little from last year and are:

Construction (small, med., and large)
Maintenance (small, med., and large)
Planning
Special Projects
Equipment

The appropriate contacts for assistance are listed in the applications. I will keep you posted when grant-writing training workshops are offered in the next couple of months. And as always I will be happy to try and assist you with any questions or issues.

Thanks for your support of the State Trails Program.
Casey Swanson
South Region Trails Coordinator
Colorado State Parks Trails Program
4255 Sinton Road
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
Work 719-227-5259
Cell 719-440-0236
Fax 719-227-5264

I won't be able to focus on things having to do with grants with all that's going on; anyone care to take this on as a project? The Argentine creek route water diversion comes to mind, as well as signage (including steel maps of the trail), additional post and cable here and there, and riparian area stablization/guardian obstacle construction on Jenny Creek.

Good thought on the Argentine Creek diversion. Called Clear Creek a while agow to see when they wanted to go up. I'll try giving Brant a call again to see his thoughts.. I'll see if I can make some time to look into this...