• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Sprout - Rustic Green 1976 FJ40

madorbit

Lifted
My next move is going to be clearing the entire frame, inside and out, of it’s years. I’ll do the same rust converter and topcoat that I’ve done to the axles.

Jury is out on building a rotisserie for the tub or just try to work on it on the frame. I’m leaning towards a rotisserie but that’s because I’m a moron and can’t help myself.

More to come!

~Mike

madorbit

Lifted
Holy crap
Nice work!!

Congratulations on the progress!
Thank you! There are a lot of stories of project cars languishing in garages because kids and I don’t want that to happen to this awesome fj40. I use it to recharge and to get some peace & quiet when I am able.

Stuckinthe80s

Rising Sun Member
Staff member
Thank you! There are a lot of stories of project cars languishing in garages because kids and I don’t want that to happen to this awesome fj40. I use it to recharge and to get some peace & quiet when I am able.
It looks like you have a little bit of time gauging by the age of your oldest son. Jr High and High School is when the kid obligations get super crazy. You've got quite a bit done so keep it going!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Is the t case that clean just from pressure washing or did you bead blast it or something?

madorbit

Lifted
Is the t case that clean just from pressure washing or did you bead blast it or something?
I took it completely apart, sand blasted it and then sprayed it with a dusting of “Aluminum” engine paint to smooth out the color.

I wish pressure washing cleaned it that nicely. It was caked on there pretty badly.

madorbit

Lifted
It looks like you have a little bit of time gauging by the age of your oldest son. Jr High and High School is when the kid obligations get super crazy. You've got quite a bit done so keep it going!
Oh yeah he’s just in daycare a couple days a week. Not even kindergarten yet. I’m looking forward to teaching them this stuff if they want to learn it.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Dang, this is Bitchen' Thanks for sharing and am looking forward to the progress!!!!