Spring Pins

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Does anyone know of a source for spring pins for swing away tire applications
Dan

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Dan, I'm confused. Why do you want spring pins for a tire swing out application? You should be using either a trailer spindle or a wheel spindle for heavy duty swing out.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Rzeppa said:
Dan, I'm confused. Why do you want spring pins for a tire swing out application? You should be using either a trailer spindle or a wheel spindle for heavy duty swing out.

Jeff
I am using a taperd bearing and spindle for the swing out tire carrier to mount on the spring pin is for locking it in the open postion.

Convert

Hard Core 4+
Rezarf said:
I have one if you want it 10 bucks... I can bring it to the meeting wednesday if you want.

Drew

Drew I will take it thanks
Dan

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
The one I have is 1.5" long weld-on, with a 3/8" spring pin with a ball type handle, I can bring and you can decide if you want it at the meeting.

I just ended up not needing it after my carrier build as my tire stays open really well, and I made it to where it can over extend in a steep incline or similar situation.

Drew

Convert

Hard Core 4+
sounds good
Dan

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Oleg has been using the Slee Tire Carrier pin for this purpose. The Grainger spring-loaded pin that he originally used on mine broke in only a couple of weeks of use. Make sure that whatever you use can withstand some abuse.