• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Spring hanger pins arrggh

BeatDown84FJ60

Rock Stacker
Trying to figure out whether or not I want to spend the money on spring hanger pins before I put my lift on. FJ60 beatthehelldown will they be rusty? Toyota wanted $225 for all four corners and greasable's are a cheaper than that. Where can I get them locally?

wesintl

RS Moderator
So far on all my trucks i've been able to reuse my spring pins. Carefull taking them off that way you can reuse them as long as they have not been metal on metal. The bushings being gooey makes it alot easier when it's removal time.

Joe at CTS is the closest to you.
Ron at RMC is the next bet. http://www.rockymountaincruisers.com/
my .02 good luck

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
you can reuse them, or go aftermarket greaseable for about $60

BeatDown84FJ60

Rock Stacker
Well I have been blasting them with pb blaster and wheeling it for about 1 month and took the rear apart tonight and got my rear springs on. The shackle bolts and spring hanger pins came right out, and were in good shape. I will still be replacing them sometime but I don't have to do it right now. I found that I will need brakelines, even though all signs pointed to no. Getting the front lift on tomorrow. It's nice to not be riding on the bumpstops anymore.

farnhamstj

Hard Core 4+
I would not recomend greasable. I had one break in the middle where the grease holes are. If origionals came out and are not super rusty in the middle no reason to replace them.

BeatDown84FJ60

Rock Stacker
I agree, I don't want greasable but sadly if I NEEDED them right now, it would be my best bet as far as cost, and I am in the process of rebuilding a TBI 350 to go into my 60 next summer/fall so money is a little tight right now (Yes THAT tight). I will replace them with oem when I do a spring-over next winter along with all shackle bolts/shackles just to have a piece of mind, and they were a little rusty so I'd imagine they will tear up my bushings a little quicker than usual.