Spring Creek June 3rd

Three Wheel Ben

Trail Ready
Running spring creek this saturday with some guys from work. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome. Meeting at the conoco in downieville at 10:00am.

Are there any campgrounds that anyone would recommend that are fairly close? Thinking about taking one of the kids up fri night and camping. Also want to try out my new ARB fridge.:thumb:

Thanks, ben

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Ben, There's a nice campground near Mt. Evans/Idaho Springs called Chicago Creek that I camped at years ago. Might be worth a look.

Nay

Hard Core 4+
From another forum:

"It sounds like there are a bunch of people running Spring Creek this Saturday. Our group (several rigs) and the "Trail Damage" group (usually a large number)."

I'm thinking of joining in anyway if i can...but don't wait for me...I'm either there or not...

Nay

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
LEXUSBEN said:
Running spring creek this saturday with some guys from work. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome. Meeting at the conoco in downieville at 10:00am.

Are there any campgrounds that anyone would recommend that are fairly close? Thinking about taking one of the kids up fri night and camping. Also want to try out my new ARB fridge.:thumb:

Thanks, ben

Have fun:eek: . I dont go to Sping Creek any more. Not after the last time...... Two breaks in two days... Take lots of pics:) :beer:

p.s, there is a good camp site just off the first side obstacle. Would be to the left of the obstacle.. Only down side is you get to see all the crazy's when they come out to do that little hill... Watched one guy go up sitting on his driver side window drinking a freshly made martinie:eek: .

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Perry, there is a cure for your ills besides wheeling only girlie trails... it involves a little quality :weld: time and some :homer: engineering... Besides, that idler was wanting to go anywho. It could have done it on a girlie trail... or I-70..:eek: :eek:

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
Hey, I'm was planning on running Spring Creek this Sunday the 4th. Perhaps you would be willing to switch days. Especially since so many groups ar going up there Sat. I just decided this and was planning to post it tonight.

I am planning to meet in Downieville at 9am, air down and leave at 9:30 sharp to beat most other groups. What do you think?

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Red_Chili said:
Perry, there is a cure for your ills besides wheeling only girlie trails... it involves a little quality :weld: time and some :homer: engineering... Besides, that idler was wanting to go anywho. It could have done it on a girlie trail... or I-70..:eek: :eek:

WTF????

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
OK, I guess you lost your decoder ring... You can do one of the following:
1) wheel girlie trails for fear of breakage (that just does not sound like you Perry)
2) spend a little quality welding time and brace the snot out of everything - or cut off the offending parts and replace with real parts - using a little homer engineering. I'm down with homer help, any time.

Your idler would have let you down anyway - possibly going down the highway at 70:eek: :eek: Look at it this way, Spring Creek probably saved your life!