Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I could possibly be interested.
Have you ran it before?
What are you taking up it?

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
In my experience doing Spring Creek about every year since 2000, it is pretty much snow impassible until around Father's Day. I led the annual Rising Sun Father's Day run on Spring Creek for over 20 years. Mother's Day, good luck with all that. Maybe with climate alarmism it might be less alarming? Who knows. When we'd go up there before Memorial Day, it would be a winchwest (or just a bunch of rigs backing down because you couldn't turn around) and don't even think about getting to the rock garden. Maybe post it up as a snow run? Everything up here above 9000 feet got two feet last weekend.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
you can call Clear Creek ranger district and see if they have a status update but the start of the trail has residential driveway access and doesn't list on their website https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/arp/recarea/?recid=28372
As Jeff said, usually isn't passible until later in the year due to most of the trail is north facing and heavily shaded.

COToycoma

Rock Stacker
In my experience doing Spring Creek about every year since 2000, it is pretty much snow impassible until around Father's Day. I led the annual Rising Sun Father's Day run on Spring Creek for over 20 years. Mother's Day, good luck with all that. Maybe with climate alarmism it might be less alarming? Who knows. When we'd go up there before Memorial Day, it would be a winchwest (or just a bunch of rigs backing down because you couldn't turn around) and don't even think about getting to the rock garden. Maybe post it up as a snow run? Everything up here above 9000 feet got two feet last weekend.
Jeff and Dom - thanks for the input I was thinking it was a bit early, but sounds like it is for sure. I will cancel this and have to wait till later. Just want to get out in the mountain/wilderness.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
This time of year is tough, nice weather around town but still subject to closures in the high country due to snow drifts and run off. Many of us are itching to get out and there are a few options available year 'round. Memorial day might be nuts due to SxS activity but I was planning on trying to set something up for that weekend, unless someone else wants to beat me to it ;)