• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Spooky Night Run 2021

100hawk

New-ish
Trail update:

Happy to report the last couple days of warm weather have done the trail good. No slick spots at all and not a single person up there, as of 6:30 tonight lol.

100hawk

New-ish
Backside of the loop. Really the only “challenging” part of the whole loop…and it’s not challenging at all. Stocker friendly I’d say.
9250B48F-50B3-489D-AE68-AA3F8A1C2615.jpegFC270A1D-12F4-49DD-BF06-97726B37914D.jpeg

100hawk

New-ish
Should also mention there’s a sweet OPTIONAL hill climb right off the main hangout area. I always have to hit it on the way out 😎
65408639-5C02-4BFF-B9CC-A9F9E6CF868B.jpegF748904A-8814-4021-8DD7-938CA4F55116.jpeg
So as Daniel, and maybe some others have mentioned, totally a perfect short n sweet trail.
Great spot for the “ Spooky Night Run”
See everyone tomorrow!
Btw- we are now short on time tomorrow and will have to meet you all at the trailhead if that’s alright. Will bug out after dark too, no camping for us unfortunately.

Lars

RS Moderator
Staff member
Appreciate everyones support. I would love to be able to go, but life got in the way. Found out this morning that wife has torn retna. Going to be working this for a few days, Have fun everyone!!!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Appreciate everyones support. I would love to be able to go, but life got in the way. Found out this morning that wife has torn retna. Going to be working this for a few days, Have fun everyone!!!
Speedy recovery!

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Sorry I'm not gonna make this one. Have a Hoot of a good time!
Hope to catch some of you for the 'Funk!' tonight though.

Thanks Alex and Daniel for putting together an awesome looking night for us!!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Should also mention there’s a sweet OPTIONAL hill climb right off the main hangout area. I always have to hit it on the way out 😎
View attachment 99459View attachment 99458
So as Daniel, and maybe some others have mentioned, totally a perfect short n sweet trail.
Great spot for the “ Spooky Night Run”
See everyone tomorrow!
Btw- we are now short on time tomorrow and will have to meet you all at the trailhead if that’s alright. Will bug out after dark too, no camping for us unfortunately.
Great to see you

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Well unfortunately I didn't make it as I just got out of the hospital after this whole week being in for a serious case of Shingles on my head that closed my eyes and ear and pain enough to make me vomit continuously ! My Cuz Mike made it though and I'm glad you are all having a great time I'm sure. On the mend, See ya soon