• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Spooky Night Run 2021

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Hmmm...

Is the Sunday morning plan to get up early and get out?

60 w/ 2" OME and 32s?

(no, @Inukshuk, it's not a project, contrary to how it looks ... how hard is this trail?? 😎)

Cruiserman

Wincher
Well.....of course as soon as I commit to coming on this ride....I have something come up that precludes me from coming.
So count me out.....My loss. Hopefully next year.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Hmmm...
Is the Sunday morning plan to get up early and get out?
60 w/ 2" OME and 32s?
(no, @Inukshuk, it's not a project, contrary to how it looks ... how hard is this trail?? 😎)
I'm not aware of anyone camping. But camping is a great idea!
Easy trail. We did it last in Anna's stock GX470. Some Spooky Run's have been hard as heck - one year the ice was downright scary. The idea here is to socialize and enjoy the mountain air. We will air down and you will use 4wd low!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@Inukshuk ..... I swear I read further up the thread there's camping going on. Huh. Well..... Anywhere to camp up there? Never run that trail.

I think we're in if we can make an overnight out of it. Would love to join the 3PM PhD dissertation on hi-lifts you're giving too.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
@Inukshuk ..... I swear I read further up the thread there's camping going on. Huh. Well..... Anywhere to camp up there? Never run that trail.

I think we're in if we can make an overnight out of it. Would love to join the 3PM PhD dissertation on hi-lifts you're giving too.

Plenty of camping up there! "PhD dissertation on hi-lifts" Ok then!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
@Inukshuk Did I invent the class you're teaching too, or is that a real thing? Man, it's been quite a week..... maybe I'm losing it.

Lars

RS Moderator
Staff member
I would mostly be worried about the stock tires.
I think I'm going to have to pass on this one. Sounds like a great time, but still running the stock slicks on it and with the snow that's there and the weather coming in, think it would be a good idea to get better tires. They are on the list. Soon.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

Plenty of camping up there! "PhD dissertation on hi-lifts" Ok then!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I think I'm going to have to pass on this one. Sounds like a great time, but still running the stock slicks on it and with the snow that's there and the weather coming in, think it would be a good idea to get better tires. They are on the list. Soon.

The forecast though Sunday is Sunny and Warm. Idaho Springs Saturday 59 deg by day, down to 34 at night.

I always advocate proper tires. I just don't want anyone thinking this is a snow run. If we get to a section that has dangerous conditions - which is 99% not going to happen - we will simply turn around and go find a parking lot to cookout in. And anyone who feels a part is too much for their setup - which is 99% not going to happen - should call that out on a radio and we, as a group, will take care of each other. :cool:

r.swany

Rising Sun Member
5s6trv.gif

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
We’d like to join (2 Adults)
We live close by and run Devil’s Canyon all the time. Last Sunday (10/24) it was slick in a couple spots but still fine at 20 psi with A/Ts.
I’d be happy to scope it out Friday evening as well just to make sure.
Any last minute recon would be helpful! Either way, see you Saturday.

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
The forecast though Sunday is Sunny and Warm. Idaho Springs Saturday 59 deg by day, down to 34 at night.

I always advocate proper tires. I just don't want anyone thinking this is a snow run. If we get to a section that has dangerous conditions - which is 99% not going to happen - we will simply turn around and go find a parking lot to cookout in. And anyone who feels a part is too much for their setup - which is 99% not going to happen - should call that out on a radio and we, as a group, will take care of each other. :cool:
@Lars - I'm with @Inukshuk : 99% sure you could handle this. You're not running the trail alone. Rising Sun will spot/recover you through this, so we're all having fun.

But again, this isn't a snow run. It's a fun family night run with a cook out.