spares and tools

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
I remember last night the next mod I need to do: ditch the straps that came with the fender pack, and bolt the thing directly to the fender with some (no pun intended) fender washers. I'm glad I didn't lose my new bag while out in Moab.. and noticed more than a few times at least one of the buckles coming free. I'm going to bolt the sucker down.

Bolt it in but keep the straps. The bolts keep the bag on the fender and the straps keep things from bouncing around inside of the bag. The two together prevent the bag from being lost or opening and minimize the chance of a zipper seperating or breaking.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
what kind of fender pack(s) are you guys using?

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Bump?

J Kimmel

Hard Core 4+
I was using a Moose fender pack. I tried the front, hated it, and tried the rear too, hated it. Couldn't keep the front on, and the rear hit me in the butt too many times and if any of your heavier stuff (tools, nuts and bolts) aren't really really really tied down (maybe tie it down yet some more) the stuff moves around too much and wears a hole in the pack super fast. I carry minimal stuff to get me out in my backpack. You really don't need enough stuff to rebuild your bike out there ;)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
what kind of fender pack(s) are you guys using?

MSR fender pack. Nothing special, just what they had at Sun when I was there and remembered I wanted one.
OiNGDsA5dgBQ9rc3zpBKHNPC79EX06-7UgrGHPKLNZav0ttWLjttx-Ky1d84MEEf6B0nA1jWbnyBkdN7gMRXKZ3n7InxLdV8mzXFRrpg4OSPKn__whddBY08wzmupmfgE6bDqbHQ9HGd2Q

http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=ZMzIT-HfAc7TgQeEnJ2DAQ&ved=0CIQBEPMCMAE

I do notice that I bump into it with my butt occasionally, but don't seem to mind it kind of reminds me where I am. I kept the tube in the cardboard box it came in, the rest of the stuff is just crammed in there.